Part Five

"This is for you guys." Brandon said into the mic. The band started to play.

"Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes"
Lou sang.
"But it's the only thing, that I know" Brandon continued.
"And when it gets hard" Mat sang.
"You know it can get hard sometimes" Lou sang.
"It is the only thing that makes us feel alive" Brandon sang.
"We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And times are forever frozen still"
they all sang together in harmony.

Mariana and Zac got up and started to dance in the open space. Others joined in.

"Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And is the only thing
That I know (know)
I swear it will get easier
Remember that with every piece of ya
And it's the only thing we take with us when we die."
They continued to sing.

Jude and Connor were swaying to the music, and Connor's dad was watching from the table. He sighed blissfully.

"I never want this moment to end." Connor whispered to Jude.
"It won't." Jude whispered back.

The song continued on and everyone was dancing. Finally it finished.
"I hope you guys liked that." Lou said into the mic. "Congratulations." Mariana smiled and nodded, while everyone clapped.

They all went to sit down and the food was brought out, while Brandon put a recording of Outlaws to play through the speakers. He joined his bandmates.

"That was great." Callie remarked, eating her salad. "Yeah, it sure was something." Lena said. "God remember our wedding?"
"I could never forget love. I never will." Stef replied.
"Yeah, and then I had to go and mess it up by running away." Callie joked, laughing.
"I remember that. You're not planning to do something like that again, are you?" Stef asked, eyebrows raised at her.
"No siree bob. I have everything I could ever want right here." Lena reached her hand over the table and grabbed Callie's, squeezing it.

Everyone continued eating. "This whole thing is beautiful. Major props to your whole family for pulling this together in such a short amount of time!" Mr. Stevens said, looking towards Jude.
"Yeah, it was insane. No pre-wedding jitters though, which was a very good thing." Jude replied, and he squeezed Connor's hand.
"I was there for some of it. I can definitely say it was hectic." Connor chimed in.
"Well," Mr. Stevens said, turning back to Mariana and Zac, "congrats to the lovely couple. You guys will have a great life together."
"Thank you Mr. Stevens." Zac said, looking at him.
-
"When should we go back up?" Brandon said in a hushed voice.
"I don't know, but soon." Lou said back.
"How about right now? I can't wait to do this." Mat said quietly but excitedly.
"Agreed." Lou replied. They started to get up. "But wait–" she said, grabbing their shoulders. "Who's gonna go first?"
"Who ever comes up first. We'll wing it." Brandon said, and they all nodded.

"So. More music everyone?" Mat asked. Everyone clapped in agreement. They started to walk to the stage, and Brandon gave a small discreet hand symbol to Jude. Then he looked towards Connor and winked. Connor smiled and nodded.

The band started to set up again. "If it's not too much trouble I–" Connor started to say, but Jude cut him off. "I have something I'd like to perform, if that's alright." Lou looked towards the band members and smiled wide.
"Sure, come on up." Brandon said, and he gestured towards the mic.

"Oh this is so exciting! Yes!" Mariana squealed quietly. "Why what's going on?" Zac asked. "You'll see." Mariana said, grabbing onto his arm and squeezing.