Part Three

The day had arrived. After countless calls made, last minute dress fittings, roles being assigned to family members, and other details being sorted out, Mariana and Zac were finally tying the knot.

"I'm so happy for you. I hope he makes you happy." Callie said, adjusting Mariana's veil.
"He does. He really does." Mariana said, smiling into the mirror.
-
"Listen bro, you have nothing to worry about. Mariana loves you, and you love her. It's as simple as that." Jesus said, staring into the mirror and adjusting his bowtie.
"Marriage is simple. People make it complicated." Jude remarked, fixing his hair in the other corner of the room.
Brandon nodded. "He has a point."
"I'm fine." Zac said. "Just fine." They all turned and looked at him as he was shaking. "Okay, so maybe I'm not fine. To be honest, I'm nervous as hell."
Jesus walked up to him and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "She loves you." Zac just smiled and nodded, trying to catch his breath.
-
There was a knock at the door. "Honey, can I come in?"
"Yeah mom, I suppose you can." Mariana replied, knowing full well she was going to enter anyway.
"Oh my god you look gorgeous! My little baby is growing up." She said, sighing and trying not to cry.
"Oh mom," she said, and she engulfed Stef into a full hug. "I love you."
"Do I have permission to join in?" Callie asked.
"Of course you do, get in here." Mariana replied.

The music started, and the large church doors opened with a creak. Mariana started walking in, a vision in white. Zac cupped his hand to his mouth. "She's beautiful." he whispered to no one in particular. Jude heard him and nodded, staring off into the distance in wonder. In that moment, his mind was obviously somewhere else.

She approached the altar, and Zac joined her. The priest started his routine, they exchanged vows, and Jesus brought out the rings. "Do you, Mariana Adams-Foster, take this man, Zac Rodgers, to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do." she replied.
"And do you, Zac Rodgers, take this woman, Mariana Adams-Foster, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do." he said, taking a deep breath.

"Does anybody have any objections to these two getting married? Speak now or forever hold your peace." the priest said. The church was silent. "Well, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."
Mariana and Zac embraced and kissed, and Mariana threw her bouquet into the pews. Stef caught it and shot a look of love towards Lena, who was crying. Connor watched from the pews and turned his head towards Jude, taking everything in. "This is the right time." he said to himself.

Jude watched the happy couple, and smiled wide, a tear actually coming out of his eye. He wiped it and clapped along with the other boys near the altar. Mariana and Zac broke their kiss, and hugged one last time. "Time for the reception!" Mariana and Zac yelled in unison, and everyone headed over to the separate building.