Part Four

The room was decorated beautifully, full of tables adorned with white tablecloths, and soft pale pink flowers as centerpieces. There were tulle banners everywhere and a stage was set up with equipment for the band to play.

"Just sit wherever." Mariana said, her face glowing. She and Zac went and sat together at a table in the center. Lena and Stef sat with Callie, Mr. Stevens, and their moms at a table on the right side of them, and Connor, Jude, Jesus, and Brandon all went to a table next to that, directly facing the stage.

Stef reached for her glass and grabbed her fork and tapped it. "I would like to say a few words." she said, standing up. Mariana looked towards her.
"I remember you when you were very little." she said, voice breaking. "When we adopted you and Jesus, we were so proud to have you be a part of our family. And now you're all grown up." she continued, crying. "And you're marrying this wonderful man who obviously cares for you and loves you very much. And I could not be happier."
Everyone clapped and Mariana went to hug her. "Zac, if you hurt her, I swear to God, I will use my place of work against you." she said, tapping the area where her badge would be placed. Zac and the whole room broke out in laughter. "I'll be sure to treat her well." Zac said, looking at Stef.

"And now I'd like to say something." Lena said, standing up as Stef sat back down and Mariana went back to her table. "Mariana, you have grown up into such a strong, independent young woman. You know who you are, you know what you think, and you stick to your guns. I love that, and I love you. I am so proud of you. Go forth into your new life with Zac with grace. I hope to God that you will live a long life together." Everyone cheered "here here!" and Mariana got up again and went to hug Lena. "I love you mama." she said. "I love you both so much."

Jude stood up. "My turn." Everyone got quiet. "When I came into this family, I was lost, and scared that everything would pull out from under me, and I lived with this fear for the longest time. Mariana, you helped me come out of this fear, and assured me that everyone was here to stay. I could never thank you enough for that." "Awww Judicorn!" "You and Zac are perfect for each other, and I have no doubt you guys will stay that way." he finished, walking over and giving both of them a hug.

"I was also going to say a few words, but I think they'll be better said through song. Shall we start the music?" Brandon said, gesturing to Lou and Mat, sitting together on the opposite side of the room.

"Lets do it." Lou said, getting out of her seat with Mat and walking to the stage.