Part One

"Well...I've gathered you all here to say...we're getting married! Save the date!" Mariana shouted out to the family, holding Zac's hand. Everyone went to congratulate them.
"I'll help plan!" Stef said.
"I second that." Lena said.
"We'll pitch in too!" Lena and Stef's moms said simultaneously.
Smiles and laughter filled the front yard.
"One day, I hope we'll be just like them." Connor said wishfully.
Jude just nodded in agreement.
"Group hug!" Zac yelled, and everyone pulled in.
——————————————–
He knocked on the door.
"Yes?"
"Mr. Stevens, could I talk to you for a second? It's kind of important." Jude said.
"Sure Jude, come on in." Mr. Stevens replied, staring at his papers. "What's up?"

"Oh jesus, this is going to be really hard to say."
"Jude, what's going on?"
Jude started to breathe heavily and smoothed out his shirt as he sat down shakily and gripped the arms of the chair. "Mr. Stevens–" he took a deep breath as he continued. "Is Connor home?"
"No, he went out to the batting cages. Why?"
"That's where he said he would be, I just thought I'd ask and make sure."
Connor's dad held a questioning look on his face. Jude continued to try and stay calm. "Jude, whatever it is you're trying to tell me, you can say it. There's no judgement here."
"It's not anything bad. I'm just n-nervous." Jude answered honestly. Mr. Stevens got up from behind the desk and sat down in the chair next to Jude.

Jude started to speak. "Mr. Stevens, as you know, Connor and I have been together for many years now, and our relationship is going strong. And, well–"
"Oh god you're not breaking up with him right?"
Now or never. "I love Connor very much." Jude said seriously. Adam looked back at him with an intrigued facial expression. Jude continued.

"Mr. Stevens, I'm hopelessly in love with your son, and I'd like to ask your permission to ask him to marry me."
Connor's dad broke out into a smile, and a stray tear fell down his cheek, which he wiped away. He started laughing lightly, as another tear fell. "God son, you had me worried." Jude started smiling shyly, forcing himself to make eye contact with Mr. Stevens. Connor's dad just started to shake his head and chuckled loudly, and soon the chuckles turned into sobs. His hand cupped his mouth.

"What's wrong?" Jude asked, fearing the worst.
"It's just–they grow up so fast." Mr. Stevens said, smiling through his tears. His eyes shone. "I remember when Connor was just 13 and you guys had just became friends, and jesus, to think that I tried to separate you two. God I was a dickwad." He gasped slightly and laughed a little. "Sorry for the language." Jude nodded and just sat there listening. "I love Connor too, and all I want is the best for him. And Jude, I mean it when I say this: Connor's extremely lucky to have you. I thought you were a punk, a kid who was no-good. You sure as hell proved me wrong."
"Mr. Stevens, in all honesty, I am lucky to have someone as wonderful as Connor."
"I'm glad you feel that way." he said, smiling back. "Consider this my blessing. I have no doubts that he's going to say yes." Jude broke into a full-out grin.
"Thank you Mr. Stevens."
"So how are you going to do it? Have you planned anything yet?"
...and the preparations begun.

"Hey Mariana, I have a question to ask you." Jude said, walking into her old room. Mariana was in there grabbing stuff to take with her to her new place, once the ceremony took place.
"Yeah sure, what's up Judicorn?" she asked.
"Uh, is Callie around?"
"I think she's downstairs making herself a sandwich or something. Why?"
"Well what I'm about to tell you she can NOT know about. Okay? NOBODY can know about this except you."
"Deal. What's up?" she said, curiosity burning.
"Who's going to be playing at the wedding? Like, who's the entertainment?"
"Oh...I haven't thought about it. I guess I could ask Someone's Little Sister, I mean the date was kind of last minute and all."
"Perfect." Jude replied.
"Why?" Mariana asked.

Soon, there was a scream that echoed the whole house.
"Mariana, are you okay?" Callie asked from the kitchen.

"Well, I'd hate to intrude and all on your big day but–"
"Say no more. Of course you can! I'll talk to them right away." Mariana replied, smiling from ear to ear. Footsteps could be heard from the hallway. "Thank you so much. This means everything to me. Remember," Jude said, mimicking the 'throw away the key' gesture and he rushed out of the door.

"What was that all about?" Callie asked from the doorway, mouth full of sandwich.
"Uhhh–I found the old nail polish I used to paint Jude's nails with. We had a mini freakout session in here." Mariana lied.
"You guys are weird." Callie said, shaking her head and prodding back downstairs.