(Chapter Twenty One)

Chapter 21

Jeremy’s POV

I could hear myself taking in large gulps of air trying to stay with everyone. My sister held my hand not knowing that it was truly me who had taken the bullet for her. Lucas was on holiday. My family doesn’t know I can shape-shift. I needed to, so she didn’t know that I was watching her over time. Lucas had been away for a few weeks now and I needed a way to look after her. I never quite trusted Alison but I never knew she would try to kill anyone. She was a psycho.

I slowly closed my eyes as it took too much energy to keep them open. All my energy was used up from trying to stay conscious through this pain. “Lucas,” I heard Sarah’s melodic distant voice. “If you can hear me, squeeze Melissa’s hand.” I could hear the demand in her voice. I did just that. I felt the screech of a car close by and the slam of a car door.

“Melissa, explain to me what is going on.” My father’s far-off but calm voice commanded. That was my cue to change back into my normal self, Jeremy.

Melissa’s POV

I stared at the body holding my hand. It had been Lucas and now it was Jeremy, my younger brother. I blinked in confusion while everyone had gasped. My mother let out a shrill scream as ambulance sirens had gotten closer. I was not letting go of my brother, ever. Not even, if they have to pry me off themselves and even then, I had the strength of a man. I could easily cling to him.

“Jeremy...” My father whispered. “Jeremy, squeeze Melissa’s hand if you’re okay.” I silently prayed for him to squeeze my hand. Tear drops were rolling down my face. He lay there, not moving. “Please Jeremy, squeeze her hand.”  There was no response from his body at all.

There were sobs coming from across from me. I looked to Sarah, lying next to Jeremy; bawling into his chest, vigorously shaking. “Jeremy, please.” I heard her whisper. She looked up to his face and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. I felt his hand move and I gasped with joy.

His eyes were fluttering open and he looked at Sarah and only Sarah. He just stared at her with a faint smile on his face. The love was on both of their faces and I felt that I was intruding on a moment but I could tell they were communicating telepathically.

Sarah stared down at him and rubbed her stomach with a grin. I don’t get it obviously, is she hungry or constipated or something? I turned to look at Ben cradling Abbie, obstructing her eyes from the view of the horrible scene that had planned out.

There was a loud clang as a gun dropped on the gravel. Alison looked horrified as she should be. My father, my alpha, had witnessed that she had shot his son. She was in some deep dog excrements.

“I will deal with you later.” My dad said to her curtly as he walked towards us. The ambulance chose that time to pull up and set up a stretcher. I was most certainly not letting go now. I stuck to my brother when they were putting him on. I matched their rushed footsteps to the ambulance with Sarah holding his other hand as she kept eye contact with him.

“Sorry, madams’.” The young wolf doctor said to us. “Only one person is allowed with the victim in the ambulance. I looked at Sarah and realised that she had obviously not heard him as she was still chatting to Jeremy through their minds.

Reluctantly, I let go of his hand. I didn’t want to; obviously not. But I was forced to regardless. Jeremy always said it was family before any girl but he had never met his mate before then. He had fallen deep and I could tell that he was going to pull through. I sighed as the closed the back doors to the ambulance and drove off.

I felt an arm being placed lightly on my shoulder and I looked up to see it was Ben, holding Abbie in his other hand. “It’s going to be okay,” He said as he rubbed my shoulder, comfortingly.

“Alison.” My dad walked over to her. He lifted his hand and back handed her and she fell to the ground holding her cheek. “It is one thing to infiltrate my pack from such a young age, relay messages to our competition and try to ruin my daughter’s life as soon as I was about to hand over being Alpha to her.” He spoke in almost menacing voice. “But is another to shoot a member of my pack,” he spat at her. “Not just any member, you shot my son.” I never thought I would have to say this to you but you are banished from this pack. You may never step on my territory ever again.” He two threatening steps towards her. “And if you do, whether female or not, I will rip you apart personally.” With that he turned around giving her a chance to run.

“This isn’t the last you’ll see from me.” She spat. She glared at me. “Enjoy your little boyfriend while you can, I will be back.”

“What are you?” Abbie said from her dad’s hands. “The terminator?” My eyebrows rose in shock and what she said but a smirk came across my face. A little shriek came from Sarah’s lips as she stomped her foot and took off.

“Melissa,” my mother finally spoke. “What is this I hear of boyfriend?” Oh lord god. My brother is in the hospital with a bullet wound and she was asking me about my love life. She really needs to get her priorities in order. I rolled my eyes and walked towards Ben’s car.

“Hey, could you give me a ride to the hospital?” I asked Ben and he nodded.

My mother gasped. My father looked at her like he had married a complete loon. To be completely honest, I think he did. Ben unlocked the doors and I climbed in.

What surprised me today was that Jeremy changed from Lucas. I don’t get what that means. So Jeremy can transform into other people as well as werewolves. So what does that make him? Does that mean he’s a... shape-shifter? Can he also transform into other animals? If he wanted to, could he be me?

If he had a special power, does that mean I do as well? I mean, it would be completely unfair if one twin got a power and the other didn’t. So if Jeremy is a werewolf/shape-shifter and Sarah is a maenad/werewolf, what kind of powers would their pups have?

I looked behind me to see Ben making a make-shift car seat for Abbie using pillows and a blanket.

“Hey Ben, why do you have a blanket and pillows in your car?” I questioned him. I mean why would they randomly be in you car, even if you were leaving town.

“Well, as a teacher I get a lot of free periods and I like to come to my car and sleep in between classes so I’m refreshed.” He said like it was obvious. I snorted with laughter, shaking my head. Am I mates with a complete weirdo?

=========================================

I don't know if you got my message but if I finish by th 30th November, I could possibly qualify for Round 2 of the On The Rise section of Watty Awards so please keep voting.

And apparently there was a little student/teacher romance with my chemistry teacher and a girl in the year above me so Iwas like say whut?

GET VOTING! WATTY AWARDS!!!!