(Chapter Sixteen)

Ben's POV

The movie had just ended and Melissa went over to talk to a sulking (or was he crying) Jeremy. I smiled as Melissa teased him. "So, I see you've fallen for Miss Sanchez," a voice next to me began. "You do know what happens if you don't destroy her, don't you?" I gulped as she gave me a creepy yet endearing smile. I nodded in confirmation. She would kill me and my family. End of. Thoughts of my daughter ran through my mind. Sarah gave an empty laugh. "I would hate for anything to happen to little Abbie, wouldn't you?" I growled as she said her name. "How old is she now? Six? Seven?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Six." I seethed at her. Her presence was making me sick. How dare she even bring up my little angel? Abbie means the world to me and if anything happened to her, I knew that I would hunt down the person that hurt her and rip her throat out. I would want someone dead. But how do you kill someone that is immortal?

"Hey!" Melissa bounced over towards with her broter hot on her heel. "Is there something wrong?" She questioned, obviously feeling the tension between Sarah and I. I shook my head slowly as Sarah beamed at Jeremy and sliding a hand round his waist and putting a hand on his chest. Glaring at Sarah, I grabbed Melissa's hand and cleared my throat to speak.

"Melissa," I smiled down at her.She was really small. I laughed at that and she hit me on the arm.

"I heard that!" She fake glared but the smile was apparent in her eyes.

"Ooops, didn't realise I said that aloud!" I felt heat reaching up my neck and Jeremy began snickering. I glared at him but the heat only intensified.

"I didn't know men could blush." Melissa said in fake thought and i nudged her with my hip. She laughed.

"Well, what I was actually going to say was..." I began, "I think we should give Jeremy and Sarah their privacy." I looked at the couple across from us waiting for their approval. They nodded in agreement. 

"Fine, guys, I know when we're not wanted." Melissa gave her brother a fake scowl as I waved them off over my shoulder walking away. 

We left the Cineplex walking in a comfortable silence. As we got outside, a few small raindrops began falling on my face. That's when I realised we had decided to take Jeremy's car. I slapped my forehead and Melissa's magical laugh hit my ears. "I'm sorry but did you actually just slap yourself?" She grinned, not even hiding the fact of her amusement. I laughed too as I realised how stupid that must have looked. 

She looked heavenwards and let the rain drops hit her face. I watched mesmerised as I saw how peaceful she looked. She sighed. "I love the rain." She let go of my hand and spun around in complete content. Giggling, she wrapped her arms around my neck and leant in. I felther warm breath against my lips. "I've always wanted to do this." She said before tip toeing and landing a long passionate kiss on my lips.

As I kissed her back, I realised what I had to do. I had to tell her the truth.

Sarah's POV

I looked up at Jeremy in disgust. He wasn't looking at me but digging into his second burger. There was burger sauce all over his mouth and it made me cringe. "Jeremy..." I sighed. "Can you please eat politely? I am sitting right in front of you." I ran my hands through my hair and looked out the window that was right in front of me. He looked at me surprised and then his cheeks began to go rosy.

"I'm sorry." He said with his mouthful and I couldn't help but laugh at his incompetence. I grabbed the napkin that was beside me and wiped his mouth and the top of his eyebrow (Don't even ask how burger sauce got up there.) "Better?" Giving me a sheepish grin, he waited for my answer.

"Of course." I smiled at him sweetly. I don't know how I'm going to do this. I know that I have to do this. I have to hurt him if my pack was to be the best. Or maybe I don't;he could come and join me leading mine. Jeremy wouldn't though.

He's such a loyal guy. I know that he teases Melissa because that's what big brothers do, right? But if it came down to it, if he had to choose between love, fate and the moon and the stars or family- family would win everytime. He had been brought up with the right morals.

If I, on the other hand, had to make that decision. I would have picked anything else apart from my family. My mom was manipulative, shrill and a perfectionist and my dad, he was just never there. Always put business first, he did, only sending me the occasional birthday card or Christmas present. It's him that is making me force Bento do this.

I don't want to have to kill Ben daughter if he fails. I met her once when he took me to his old pack and the first thng she asked me was if I was her mommy. It surprised me but it wasn't his fault that Abbie's mom walked out on her after the birth. Ben came to my pack to start all over again. Looking for a place for Abbie to have a happy life, he came to me- or shall I say my father. He wanted to join our pack and my father agreed.

Knowing Ben's desperation, my father played mind games with him. Until one day, he took Abbie captive and said that the only way to ensure that she would be unharmed was if he went to Pack District #2 and  crushed their Alpha's family. And he agreed.

I looked back to Jeremy and he was smiling at me with a small smile. "Did you know that you look real cute when you bite your lip like that?" He laughed and I chuckled.

And between our laughter, I knew what I had to do. I had to tell him the truth.

=========================================================================

WOW. Everything is coming out now.

So for the next chapter I want 50 votes and I'm back to demanding comments! I want 30 comments and 50 votes for the next Chapter. Understood.

50 VOTES AND 30 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. :D

Toute A L'heure!