(Chapter One)

Chapter 1

“It’s senior year, baby!” Jeremy screamed as he jumped out of his car and slammed. I slid out of it gracefully and closed it shut, trying to keep my head as down as possible. “Oh, there she goes, my loser sister walking away like I’m a total stranger.” He yelled after me. “You know, you need to be a lot more like me if you want to survive.” I rolled my eyes and made my way to the office to pick up my schedule.

I turned the corner when I was met with a hard, cold chest to my head. I flew back in a daze and my schoolbag went flying off my shoulder. “Are you okay?” A deep voice asked me as I looked up. I was met with the most beautiful emerald eyes and the fullest lips I have ever seen. I wanted to look away from him. I needed to look away from him but I found it physically impossible. There was like some sort of wire that connected our gazes together. It was like... No, it couldn’t be. I couldn’t have already found my mate. I’m only 17.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered. “I’m so sorry.” I rushed whilst picking up my school bag and stood up breaking the eye contact. I left before he could have anything to say to me. He couldn’t be my mate. Not him, it couldn’t be him. He’s just too Abercrombie and Fitch whilst I am more Wal-Mart. I turned the corner and walked to the office.  There was some big commotion when I go there and I knew for a fact that by the time I picked my schedule up, I would be late for sure. I sighed.

“I’m sorry, I’m late.” I mumbled as I walked into the classroom staring at my feet. I shuffled to my seat still not looking up.

“It’s okay,” My head snapped up at the voice. It was him. He wasn’t looking up at me, he was looking at his desk. “You must be Ms. Sanchez. I’m Mr. Arley.” He said finally looking up, scanning for the face in the class. Our eyes connected again with that invisible thread. “Oh crap.” He whispered, still not taking his eyes off of me. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I was brought back to reality when I heard a cough from my side.

We both looked away from each other abruptly and he went back looking down at his desk. He was my new form tutor. I was in deep dog doo-doo.

---------------------------------------

“What was that all about?” Ali asked me, when we were heading to our first period. She has been my best friend since kindergarten and I loved her to bits but I hated how she could read me so easily.

“It was nothing.” I mumbled, clutching my notebook to my chest. “It was absolutely nothing. He just looked really familiar, you know? Like, I have seen him before.” I told her.

“Really?” She asked stopping and cocking her head to the side. I kept walking a few paces and then stopped when I realised she wasn’t next to me. “You’re lying to me Lissa.” She stated. “I can’t believe you won’t tell your best friend. I hope what ever you’re hiding is worth a friend.” She said and rushed in front of me.

“Alison!” I called after her but she just flipped me off over her shoulder and kept walking. I shook my head and rubbed y forehead. I’ve only been in school for an hour and already pissed her off. Senior year has gotten off to a good start alright.

-------------------------------

After two gruelling hours of silent treatment from Ali, she decided to talk to me. “Okay, I’m still pissed at you but I’m totally bored and I want to talk to you so I’m going to talk to or whatever. This does not mean I forgive you for lying though.” She said falling into step with me. I smiled at that. Of course, she has forgiven me. That’s how it always went.

“Melissa!” I heard my twin call to me. I turned to Jeremy as I saw him running towards me. “I grabbed your lunch by accident. Here.” He said giving me the brown paper bag mo always left us before going to work.

“Thanks,” I said grabbing it slowly. He usually just threw my lunch away if he picked it up. Yes, my brother is a jerk. It can’t be helped. I unrolled the top of the bag and looked into it. I dropped it as I growled at the smell. “Jeremy!” I screamed at him throwing him against some lockers. Have I told you I’m the Alpha’s oldest kid? I may be only 5 foot 4 but I’m way stronger than my younger twin who is 6 foot 4. “What do you call this?!” I yelled at him, pointing at the pile of dog excrements that has slipped out of the bag.

“What does it look like, sis?” He smirked through his pain. I grabbed his collar and slammed him harder. “Okay, I’m sorry!” He yelped in pain as I heard a bunch of his jock friends laughing at the scene. To be honest, if I was watching I would have laughed as well. Here I am, this tiny girl lifting her much taller and bulkier brother off the ground.

I dropped him in a heap on the ground and stepped over his body that was in pain. Alison was looking at me in shock. “I know you’re the Alpha’s daughter and all and you have like super strength even for a werewolf but I still can’t believe that you sometimes.” She said in awe.

As I walked through the hallway a pathway was formed between the students as I walked to the canteen. I went straight to my normal table. I know this is odd but I’m a loser in school as well as the next Alpha. As a way of keeping me protected, my dad got everyone in our family to tell the pack that Jeremy is the next Alpha because he wanted to keep me and the pack protected.

I fell into my seat in the corner of the vast canteen and Ali was right behind me. She was the only one that knew that I was the rightful heir. “Hey Melissa,” Lucas said taking a seat next to me. I smiled at him as he pulled out his Chemistry book. “Have you heard about the new Chemistry teacher apparently he is really young because he like skipped three grades. He is only nineteen.” Lucas whispered.

“How do you know?” I enquired eagerly.

“Well, when your mother is the head of the PTA, you hear things.” He shrugged.

“So what’s his name?” Ali persisted.

“What whose name?” Lucas furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. I and Ali shot him glares. “Oh, do you mean the new Chemistry teacher? Mr. Arley.” He said looking down at his chemistry book.

Melissa and I gaped at him then each other. Our new form tutor was still a teenager.