Chapter 1- Finding Him

A/N- Autumn on top. (unedited)

I groaned as I forced myself to get off my cosy warm bed that I was longing for. I could hear my mum hobbling around the kitchen downstairs, probably making breakfast.

I opened the curtains and squeezed my eyes shut as the bright light shone through my bedroom.  I trudged downstairs and smiled at my mother who was stacking pancakes onto a huge plate.

"Happy birthday sweetie!" she smiled brightly, "oh, thanks mum. I actually forgot" I laughed as I slumped into a seat and started on the stack of pancakes.

"how could you forget? its your 17th birthday, the day you finally find your mate!" she looked more excited than I was. Mates were never a big thing for me, my mum never found her mate and she was happy. So I figured I would be happy without a mate too.

I smiled faintly at her and jumped up the stairs- two at a time. When I got to my room I closed the door quietly and stared at myself in the full length mirror. I had always been short for my age, I actually liked it. Being short had its advantages.

I decided on something simple. I pulled on my skinny jeans and a blue long sleeve shirt with white spots. I decided to leave my light blonde hair down. It went past my shoulders but it didn't quite reach to my bum.

I stepped into some black sandals and walked downstairs, I grabbed my coat and headed out the door. As I walked, I thought about my mate, if I even had one.

"AUD!" a loud voice broke my day dream and I jumped with fright. "Hey!" I laughed as my best friend Willow hugged me so tight i couldn't breath. "OMG!! its the day Aud!, the day you finally find your mate".

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Apprently it is", I smiled at her as she jumped up and down continually. I laughed and went back to my day dream as she walked beside me ranting about how handsome my mate will be.

As I stepped into the school gates I caught a whiff of a strong sweet caramel smell that made me Yu groan. "did you just smell your mate Aud?!" Willow laughed, "I think so" I replied while smelling the air, longing for more of the sensation.

I strolled around the halls looking for the culprit of the sweet sensation that was happening in me. Suddenly my wolf howled as I laid my eyes on perfection. He had jet black hair and the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen, not to mention his body.

"mine." he growled as he started stalking towards me. Only then did I snap out of my day dream and see who was really stalking towards me. The Alpha.

I turned and ran as fast as I could, into the nearest forest and I didn't stop until I couldn't smell him anymore. I collapsed heavily, this cant be happening! why does it have to be me? I didnt even want a mate! and here I was with the most terrifying alpha in the world.

My wolf was howling for me to return to my mate but I refused. He doesn't need me, He'll just reject me. My wolf whimpered at the thought of rejection.

Suddenly my wolf howled with joy as I smelt the caramel smell yet again. Then I spotted him, with his perfect figure and untouchable features.

I backed away from him slowly, but he got closer with each stride.

Before I knew what was happening, I felt a pang of pleasure shoot through me and I threw my head back.

Suddenly I realised, The Alpha just marked me.