Epilogue

Kai leaned against a tree outside the border of the Land of Fire. She stared up through an open patch of canopy in the trees above. The stars glistened brightly in the midnight sky. She closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. Tears filled her eyes and began to fall down her cheeks.

"I want you Mom... I need you. I need a hug. I need reassurance..." Kai whispers.

She slowly collapsed onto the ground and began to sob loudly. She laid on the ground, looking up at the stars, tears running down her cheeks.

"I don't understand... What did I do wrong? It's not my fault. Right? I mean, sure. I did let Itachi kiss me. But I didn't want it to happen. But what more could I have done to deserve getting banned from Konohagakure? To the point where I can never return? I don't understand..." Kai whispers.

She felt sleep slowly begin to succumb her and she closed her eyes, her breathing becoming smoother. Slowly, she fell into a deep, sweet sleep.

*Dream*

"Kai... I am proud of you."

A woman stood over Kai, a warm smile on her face. Kai stared at the woman, a wide grin coming to her face as she realized who it was.

"Mom... I miss you so much!" She exclaims happily.

Kai hugs her tightly, her arms wrapping around her Mother's waist. Her Mother returns the hug and they stood there for a while, before Yukina pulls away and places her hands on Kai's shoulders.

"Kai, you have grown so much! Your hair is just like mine when I was your age. A little brighter though. But it'll become like mine in a while. But I'm not here to talk about that. I want to say... I'm proud of you for defending our clan. So Ryuji-sama and Rio-san are here to bring you a gift that I am not capable to give. Our kenkai genkai." Yukina says.

"Our... Kenkai Genkai?" Kai questions in awe.

"Yes. It'll help you for your journey ahead. Ryuji-sama, Rio-san, you can come out now." Yukina says.

The elderly man and the beautiful woman appear in a puff of smoke and Kai looks at them, grinning. They smile in return and walk over to her. Rio places a hand on Kai's head and ruffles her hair.

"Kai, you are beautiful as ever. Thank you so much for defending our clan. That was very brave of you." Rio says softly.

Ryuji places a hand on Kai's shoulder. "You have brought great happiness to our clan up here in the Chūkan. Bring more to us and make us proud." He says.

There was a sudden burst of light and a gold string of air appeared. Kai looked at it in awe as it moved toward her. It suddenly went into her and she flinched as a stinging pain filled her system. A scream escaped her lips and Ryuji placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

"Someone is trying to hold you back from accepting this power." He murmurs.

"More like someone is trying to wake her up..." Rio says in slight panic.

"It's Itachi Uchiha." Yukina says in slight anger.

"The supposed lover of Kai? He's six years older than her!" Rio mutters.

"Rio, you married someone who was at least seven years older than you. Don't complain." Ryuji says.

The three adults glared at each other and got into an argument, momentarily forgetting about Kai. The immense pain that was filling her finally ceased and she let out a sigh of relief. The scenery around her slowly faded away into black...

*End of Dream*

Itachi Uchiha stood over the now slightly changed Kai, a dumbstruck look on his face. He kneeled down beside her and finally let out a sigh before picking her up bridal style. He than ran off, disappearing in the trees, not aware of someone who was watching the whole scene...

~-~

This is the end. Thank you for reading everyone. So, what do you think will happen in the sequel? Let me know in the comments! I'll see ya'll later! Byze!

Comment

Vote

Share

Sequel!