Chapter Seven: Last Day In Konoha

Kai's POV

I sighed sadly as I stared out the window of my compound. Rain was pouring hard and I had to wonder... Did I really have to leave today. I just got here, into Konohagakure, and now I'm leaving because I couldn't ace the test. I felt a nuzzle on my side and looked down, unconsciously placing my hand on Pikachu's head.

"Pika Pika..." He murmured sadly.

"I know... I wish we could stay to. We have only been in Konoha for two weeks..." I rubbed his head.

Man, who knew departures could be so depressing? I closed my eyes for a moment, then reopened them. I stood up and ran a hand through my blonde hair. Pikachu jumped onto my shoulder and I shuffled to the edge of the living room, picking up my bags. I slung them over my shoulder and took one last look behind me. It was kind of sad to leave this place. After all, I had become attached to this place pretty quickly.

I looked away and put my hand on the doorknob, ready to open it, when the door suddenly blasted open. It slammed into my face and I tumbled to the ground muttering obscenities as I fell on my ass. I ripped the wood off of my face and glared at the jerk who opened the door. It was Kiba. Before I could open my mouth, he beat me to it.

"Kai! Why didn't you tell me you were leaving Konoha?!" He yells, glaring at me.

"I-I thought... That it would be better to leave you without... Making it more depressing. You know, like a mystery!!" I say, trying to seem enthusiastic about it.

It didn't work. He sighed angrily and leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms. He looked at me and closed his eyes. For once in the whole time I knew him, he was actually sad. I swallowed hard and looked down, feeling guilty.

"Ya know, Kai... It's actually more depressing to someone who cares about you, to know that you disappeared without telling them where your going... Goodbyes are better then disappearing, because the person doesn't have to worry so much about you." Kiba murmurs.

He reopened his eyes and pushed off the doorway. I felt warm water go down my cheeks and put my hand to my face. I was crying. I haven't cried ever since my mother disappeared. He was right. Without knowing where someone is, without even having someone tell you goodbye, it makes the person who cares for them more sad. Before I knew it, warm arms wrapped around me. I stood there limply as I cried into the shoulder of Kiba, my one and only true friend.

He rubbed my back and pulled me away from him, looking into my eyes. I wiped under my nose and sniffled, before offering a small smile.

"I'll make sure to remember that then. I'll be seeing you in about six months you know, but I'll always be without you. By your side, and in your mind." I murmur.

"I bet you will. Now, we should probably hurry before the ANBU come... They're kind of creepy." Kiba mutters the last part under his breath.

I laugh slightly and smile, then looked behind me one last time before I leave. I then looked away and walked out the door, brushing against Kiba. It was windy and cold outside, but the rain felt good. It cooled me down... Calmed me. I felt Kiba walk beside me and looked down. I shouldn't get to close to anyone... It would just lead me to pain. But I guess I can accept Kiba. But I don't want to get so close to early in our friendship.

I felt Pikachu crawl into my sweatshirt and looked down, realizing that I looked pregnant. Now people might get the wrong idea. Especially with Kiba walking beside me. I brushed it off and took Pikachu out, putting him in my messenger bag. He cuddled close to my side and I kept my arm tightly around the bag.