Chapter Nine: A Sarcastic Thought Before Sleep

Chapter Nine: Starting Fresh in Sunagakure!

Kai's POV

I trudged sleepily through the desert sand, my feet aching and my eyes drooping. Gaara had disappeared and now it was just Kankuro, Temari, and I left to fend for ourselves against the dry air and the annoying yellow grains of sand. Though, it seemed that the two ninjas in front of me were more or less relieved to be out of the forest and in familiar territory.

Suddenly they stopped walking and I slammed right into Kankuro's back. He let out a shout and grabbed ahold of my arm, making me spin slightly as we tumbled to the ground. I hit the sand beneath me and bumped my head on a rock, making stars dance in front of my eyes. Kankuro landed on top of me, his weight making me sink into the ground even more.

I hazily heard Temari say, "Ooooohhhhh, you two are getting dirty." as if she was trying to make a sex joke.

Don't ask how I know about that kind of stuff. You will never understand the horror Ms. Ketchum put Ash and I through when we had the talk. Apparently she made an excuse like, 'It is very important that you know about this stuff before you begin your journey to becoming Pokémon trainers!', or something like that.

I suddenly felt sand move beneath me and felt myself being suspended in air, hanging by my feet. I let out a yelp, feeling blood rush to my head. My eyes shot open and I blinked a few times before realizing I was face-to-face with Pancha- I mean Gaara.

"Hey there!" I murmur hazily, still not relieved of the stars in my eyes.

There was an annoyed sigh and I was suddenly laid down on something soft. Probably sand. I then felt the breeze of air and knew that I was still floating. As I finally came to understand what was going on, I shot up and yelled,

"Holy Pikachu's in a ramen bowl, what the miso is going on?!"

Very ramen-ish.

"I'm taking you to the hospital so you can get your head treated." Gaara's voice answered emotionlessly, though there seemed to be a hint of bloodlust in his voice.

I shuddered a little and nodded, taking a deep breath and trying not to panic. I suddenly felt a warm liquid slither down the side of my neck and my hand shot to my head. Blood was leaking out of a cut and I felt rather... Dizzy. Suddenly sand tightened around my legs and travelled up my arms. I began to panic slightly, wondering was Gaara was doing.

I heard the thud of him landing on the rooftop of a building and felt panic rise through me. Oh shiz, what is he doing?!

"G-Gaara, what's going on?" I stutter, trying to look at him.

By now the sand was really tight around me and I felt my lungs begin to struggle for air. I was lifted into the air and I finally was able to look at Gaara. He had a dangerous bloodlust look in his eyes and I swallowed hard, wondering how I was going to get out of this one. Then I suddenly remembered Pikachu. He was with Kankuro most of the time when we were walking to Suna.

But he should be able to sense when I'm in danger.

"P-Pikachu... Help." I whisper a little weakly.

I tried to get out of the tight sand barrier around me and felt it tighten instead. This is bad, this is very bad. Black spots began to cover my vision as I struggled to breath. I felt some of my bones creak against the force of Gaara's sand. The last thing I remember as I was surely about to die was the echo of,

"PIIIIKAAAACHUUU!"

Then I blacked out...

Sometime later...

My eyes felt heavy and my body felt numb. I could feel a source of light shine down on me from somewhere. Am I dead? I wonder if you can feel pain in heaven or wherever I am. I tried to open my eyes and managed to get one open, though I'm not sure which one. Everything was fuzzy to me and I could barely tell if it was my breathing I was hearing or someone else's.

I closed my open eye and reopened it again, along with my other eye. There was the sound of slow beeps resonating around the room I was in. I lifted my head slightly and felt a numb pang of pain go through my body. I flinched slightly and let my head lay down once again. I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw that Gaara was seated beside me, silently watching me.

"Um... Gaara?" I whispered, my voice a hoarse whisper.

He didn't reply and I tried to speak louder, but found that my voice couldn't raise above a whisper. I tried to move my hand and it slowly raised of the bed sheets. A billion stinging shocks were sent up my arm, as if it was waking up after a long nap. I began to move the rest of my body, slowly getting my blood moving again.

Finally I realized that some of my limbs weren't going to move because they were wrapped in thick bandages. I sighed and tried to remember what had happened. Nothing came to my mind besides an image of bloodlust on Gaara's face. I brushed it off and used my arms to push me up, careful to move slowly so my head didn't try to kill me.

Suddenly there was the sound of a chair moving and I turned my head to the side and stared at Gaara. He looked scared for a moment, as if he had seen ghost. His eyes frantically searched the room and I stared at him in confusion. He finally looked at me and his eyes widened in shock.

"Gaara, what's wrong?" I whisper hoarsely.

"You don't remember, do you?" He asked me emotionlessly.

"Remember what?" I asked him.

He seemed to hesitate. "I tried to kill you..." He muttered, almost as if he was angry.

My eyes widened and he suddenly disappeared in a wave of sand. I was left in shock, trying to comprehend what he had just said to me.

Gaara... Tried to kill me? I lowered myself back down onto the comforting sheets of my bed and stared at the ceiling. This whole thing has... Exhausted me. I close my eyes and slowly fell back into a deep sleep, counting bowls of ramen as I did so.

The last thing I thought before finally falling into an abyss of darkness was, 'What a heart-warming welcome to Sunagakure...'

~-~

Okay, sorry if this seemed like a filler, but it was half-important to the story's plotline. This will bring the result of what Kai thinks of Gaara in the future of the story. So pretty much whether she'll give him a chance or she'll ignore him out of fear. Anyways, why do you think Gaara was so frantic and scared when he woke up? Did he see something horrible? Thanks for reading! Byze!

Comment

Vote

Ramen

Share

EDITED