25th ☾ In the Hands of the King

Danced with fate as her life falls apart,

Each footfall leaving a scar in her heart.

25th

In the Hands of the King

"Get off me!" I shouted, pulling myself up.

"Surrender now. There's nowhere else for you to go." The soldier was keeping me down.

When I turned my head back, I saw that the other soldiers were almost here. Lancelot pulled back the reins of his horse, seeing the group of soldiers that was fast approaching. It was too late now. He was determined to come and get me, so I shouted, "Go!"

This made him stop.

"We must capture the prince!" one of the guards recognized Lancelot.

"Go! Do this for me! They're here and we're outnumbered. Take it to Bryce and explain it to them. You can't get caught," I was screaming at the top of my lungs, as the guard who had knocked me down was tying my hands on my back. "You know how important this is to me. So please, please make sure that it will get a chance to fulfill its purpose."

"I'll come back for you!" Lancelot yelled, before turning the horse around. I tried to look up and see a glimpse of him for the last time, as the guard pushed my head to the ground to prevent me from escaping. The blood dripping from my forehead covered the dirt that was gritting on my face.

I coughed as dust covered the path, when the other soldiers went after Lancelot. I could only hope that he wouldn't get caught. That sword had to reach Bryce and the others. Since he had knowledge of the black market, I believed that Lancelot could locate them.

"Get up!" the soldier ordered me as soon as he was done tying my hands behind me. I scrambled to my feet. He placed a rug on my mouth, securing it in place before he urged me to move forward. "Move!"

A prison wagon was waiting for me. They'd forcefully pushed me inside. I stumbled until I slipped and fell on the wooden flooring. They'd locked the wagon before I even got settled inside, and it started to move forward. My back hit the wooden railing, and I grimaced in pain as I picked myself.

The night became darker, as the crescent moons started to fade from the sky. There were around fifty guards that were following behind me, just in case I would attempt to escape. I didn't notice if the seal on my hand was gone, but I couldn't feel the ring on my finger anymore.

The prison wagon was heading back to Wykeham Castle. I'd soon face Henry again. I didn't know what he would do to me now that the night of the crescent moons was over, seeing that he didn't want to see my corpse instead.

If I wouldn't make it through alive, I hoped that Lancelot and the others would succeed. Nobody seemed to know anything about the sword. Even if I were Henry, I wouldn't tell anyone about it and share the knowledge of what that sword was capable of doing.

At least with that, even if he would be caught, I believed that Lancelot would know what to do with it. I purposely gave him that sword and made him escape. Henry would surely torture me to death, until he was satisfied. But he never touched Lancelot's life. Henry was more cautious when it came to him, considering that he was someone who could easily order for his real son to be assassinated. It only meant that Lancelot had more chances of being alive than any of us.

I leaned back and looked around me, thinking of ways on how to break out of here. There were no familiar faces around. I hoped that the news about my capture would reach Bryce before it was too late.