Chapter 5

Once I got home, I sat down at the dining table to start on my homework.  I saw a note hanging on the fridge and I read it,

Liana,

I am taking the night shift tonight so I won’t be back home until really late.  Dinner is in the fridge.  Love you!

Mom

I put the note on the counter and went back to do my homework when my phone rang.  I checked to see who was calling and it was Christine.  I groaned but answered the phone anyways to not be rude.

            I coughed and I answered, “Hello?”

            “Liana! Help! Louis is taking me out tonight and I have absolutely no idea what to wear! What do I do?”

            “Well, did he tell you what you should wear?”

            “Yeah, something fancy, but you know me, I have NOTHING fancy.”

            “You can borrow one of my dresses I guess.” I said trying to sound happy. 

            “Oh my gosh really?  You are the best Liana!  I will be over in 5 minutes.”

            “Okay, see you soon.”

            I ended the call and sighed.  I got up from my seat and went outside on the porch to wait for Christine.  After about 5 minutes of waiting, Christine came with her large makeup bag and her jewelry box. 

            “Hey Liana!”

            “Well you are prepared.”

            “I am just not good with matching stuff.”

            I laughed, “Okay, let’s get you ready, when is he picking you up?”

            “6 and I told him to pick me up here.”

            I put on my best fake smile which she bought, “Let’s go.”

            Christine and I walked up to my bedroom.  I opened my large walk in closet and I pulled out all of my dresses and placed them on my bed.  “Well, take a look.”

            “Dang you have a lot of dresses girl.”

            “They were my cousins and my mom’s.  They give their dresses to me when they can’t fit in them anymore.  I am for sure you can find something in that pile.”

            “Time for a fashion show!”

            After about an hour of Christine trying on dresses, she finally found a dress.  She chose a short pink dress that had a black bow wrap around the waist.  I let her borrow my black colored purse and black pumps. 

            I helped her put on a light layer of makeup and she curled her hair and did a fancy side ponytail.  After a good 2 hours to get ready, the doorbell rang.  “Oh gosh, I am not ready yet, go talk to him Liana.”

            I sighed, “well hurry up missy, you don’t want him waiting for you the whole night.”

            She nodded and I walked downstairs and opened the door to see Louis in a tux with his hair combed back nicely into a quiff.  I looked at him for a quick second thinking to myself, if only he dressed this nicely for me. 

            I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and made a slight cough to catch Louis’ attention.  “Oh hey Liana, is Christine ready?”