Bad Boy Love ~ Part 40

The next couple of days went by too fast. Before I knew it, it was New Years Eve. People were planning their parties and shopping for flashy outfits. Jake and I were official. Our life in the house was pretty low key. We spent the last couple of days being lazy and lounging around the house. We watched holiday movies and I baked way too many cookies.

"Do you want to go to a New Year's party tonight?" Jake asks as he walks into my room, a toothbrush in his mouth.

"Um, I don't know. I thought that we were just gonna hang out at the house tonight. Maybe watch the ball drop?" I say as I set my laptop to the side.

"We've been hanging out in this house for the past several days. We should go do something fun. Like really fun," I says as he raises his eyebrows.

"I guess you're right. Who's having a party tonight?" I ask as I sit up on my bed and cross my legs.

"I think it's Osvaldo? I don't know. I've never even heard of him, but apparently everyone is going. It's supposed to be really fun. He's the only one who's parents are out of town on New Year's, I guess," he says as he walks to the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste foam in his mouth.

I slip off my bed and follow him out of the room. "I don't know. It sounds like fun. I can call Katie and invite her, too. I don't think she has plans. Where does this guy live?" I ask. Jake finishes gargling and then turns to look at me.

"I think close to down town. In the Sorority/Fraternity area. Apparently, all of the college students are going to this party, too, " He says. We have a university in our town, so partying is very common.

"Well, we should go. I think it would be fun to go out of the house for a night. But can we just promise one thing?" I smile. God, we sound like an old married couple.

"Anything," he says back as he props himself against the counter.

"Let's not get wasted tonight. I want to remember this night. And no drugs or anything. I just want a fun, sober-ish night."

He smiles at me. "Deal. No drugs. I'm not doing that in my life anymore. I promise you, babe. Only a few drinks with you."

I nod my head as he leans into me.

"And you better save me that midnight kiss," he smirks as he walks up to me and kisses my forehead lightly.

...

I stare at my closet. "Jake!" I yell out.

"What?" He says as he steps into my room. He wears light wash denim jeans, white converse and a maroon sweatshirt. "We need to go soon, Babe."

"I know, I know. I just can't figure out what to wear." I say as I touch my thumb to my lip. My hair is still up in a messy bun. I have running shorts on with a stained sweatshirt. I look like shit.

"Just wear anything. You'll look hot no matter what," he smirks as he leans in the doorway of my closet.

"Help me," I whine as I poke out my bottom lip.

He rolls his eyes and steps into the closet. "Why do girls have so many clothes?" He says in awe. His phone suddenly starts ringing in his pocket. He digs in the pocket of his jeans. "What's up, Dude?" He asks the person on the phone. "One sec," he says as he walks out of my closet. "I don't think I have your shirt, bro." His voice trails off as he walks into his room.