𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕

Manik and Nandini has been in U. S. for about a month. Mukti was back in India and it was just the two of them. Things were going smoothly and if luck was on their side they would be back home in about six months. Manik was in the living room working when he heard a knock on the door. Nandini was in the washroom so he opened the door only to be sprayed with a liquid. He looked up to see the entire gang there including Mukti.

"What are you guys doing here and what is this that you showered me with" he said laughing looking up and down to analyze his condition.

"You aren't possessed are you? You're laughing after we pranked you. You never laugh" they said and moved back one step just to be cautious.

"No I'm not come in guys it's okay it's been like two months since we saw each other last let's just enjoy our time" he said and let them in. Nandini came out and started laughing at her husband's condition.

He went towards her and kissed her head and went to take a bath. Nandini hugged all of them and they started talking animatedly.

"Wait we haven't had breakfast yet join us" Nandini said standing up to make food.

"Wait we'll join you and continue talking" all the girls stood up and four of them went to the kitchen to cook.
Kabir and Dhruv waited in the living room talking about business and soon Manik joined them.

They were now discussing sports and laughing when Nandini called them for breakfast.

All settled down around the island to eat. They made Indian food for them.
They prepared aloo and panner parantha with butter, achar(pickle) and curds on the side. French toast sprouts for Alia. All had their choice of beverages from tea to juice.
All had a wonderful breakfast laughing filled with mischief, teasing and short conversations.

After breakfast Kabir and Dhruv joined Manik to work while the girls stayed home and spent time together.
They all settled in Nandini's room
That's when Nandini brought up a topic.

"Alia what are your marriage plans at this point in life?"

"oh shit... Thank God you reminded me. I forgot to inform that Dhruv and I get married after three weeks.
Our families met and discussed stuff yesterday. Sorry for not informing earlier" she said excitedly and ended the sentence smiling sheepishly at them.

"it's fine Alu honestly I'm just happy that you are" Mukti said side hugging her.

Nandini and Navya said at the same time while giving each other a hi - fi "me two".

"Me three, for my own marriage"
Alia squealed happily.

All laughed at her excitement and Alia joined them.

They started on random topics coming back to discuss Alia and Dhruv's wedding.

Alia knew Dhruv's preferences so they made a few plans to execute but after the date is decided.
At six Manik, Dhruv and Kabir returned.

After two hours of talking they had dinner where they filled up the rest on what they had discussed about Dhruv and Alia's wedding. They slept after that in the guest rooms Manik and Nandini had cleaned up for them.

Next morning: 10AM-

They were having breakfast when Manik said giving her a smile "baby I have a surprise for you"

Nandini jumped on the word surprise. She squealed like an excited kid and asked "Manik tell me what is it. You know I love surprises".

"I know we might not be here for a long time but I spoke to the city hospital here and had a conversation with their head who is an Indian too, Dr.Verma and you'll be able to join their hospital from tomorrow" he knew she felt a little lonely as in that one month she had finished redecorating the house and was bored.

The girls started talking animatedly excited for Nandini and Manik smiled seeing his wife happy.

Manik and Nandini drove to the airport with their friends to drop them off.

The next day, 12PM.
City hospital.

Nandini was sitting in Dr. Verma's cabin.

Nandini: hello Dr. Verma right?

Dr. Verma: yes and you must be Dr. Mrs. Malhotra. I spoke to your husband Mr. Malhotra and I have also seen your portfolio and I'm impressed seeing that at such a young age you've handled many tough cases.

"thank you doctor it's my duty" she said modestly.

"I appreciate doctors who value their patients even if for a short period welcome to the city hospital as a surgeon to our cardiology department"

"thank u sir. From when can I join?" She asked

Dr.Verma: you can join anytime you wish. I have given you the tour before.
You can see the cabin on the second floor. No. 16. It's set up for you. Your old hospital gave us the details about you"

"than I have no problem to start now. Thank you sir I'll take my leave"

"sure. Your welcome Have a nice day Dr. Malhotra"

"you too sir" she said and left. She went to her cabin and started her work but not before texting on the friends group and on personal to Manik.

Word count:- 870 words.

Snow💋