𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚊𝚢

Nandini Murthy's pov.
Around two mom came to check on me only to find me awake.

"What happened Nandu why are you awake?" she asked caressing my hair.

"I'll miss you mommy" I said with tears in my eyes and she hugged me.

"Oh dear I'll miss you too don't cry I'm here sweetie" she said embracing me in her sweet scent and warmth.

"I love you mom" I said after a minute.

"I love you too" she said and caressed my hair and kissed my head lovingly then suddenly I heard dad and Bhai's voice "we love you too" they said together embracing us as we group hugged and dad pecked my head making me more emotional than I already was. I saw Bhabhi standing at the door staring at us with happy tears in her eyes smiling at us. Mom and dad pulled her in the hug and we had a huge family hug. We pulled apart and spent some together for the last time remembering all our memories. It was 3 am by my watch when mom got up and said that I should now start getting ready as it was time for pooja. So I went to the bathroom and took a bath purifying myself for the Pooja and got dressed in a white sari with pink blouse. It was a Kerala pattu sari which was amma's during her wedding rituals. It was a beautiful gift which I'll cherish forever.

I quickly moved out from the bathroom and mom took me out in the quad and I settled down in the seat they set up for me

I quickly moved out from the bathroom and mom took me out in the quad and I settled down in the seat they set up for me. Mom and Amms sprinkled rose water on me and did my aarti together after which I put a coin in the fire pit as amms instructed. Then mom said that there was a ritual I was suppose to do that was from Manik's side. I nodded and my uncle that is mom's brother and abhi's dad came forward and dipped bangles in milk and put them on my hand which Ma (niyonika, Manik's mom) explained was chura chadai rasam where the bride's maternal uncle put the bangles in the brides hand along with the chura. Then I got up and went to where all the girls and boys were seated and rubbed my hands together on each of them and it fell half and half on both Mukti and Alia to which they started blushing. Oh, I forgot to mention that it is believed that on whoever the bride's chura falls on they are married next. Then I went to my room and got ready in my sari and mom helped me saying that she wanted to dress me up. We went out to my family waiting for me. Dad pecked me on the cheek and patted my hair lovingly.
We all got in the buses and went to the temple that was on top of the hill and I went in prayed along with everyone.

End of Nandini Murthy's pov

As they reached the bride and the groom side jelled up and were talking. Then Nandini was taken to the temple to pray for her happy married life. While Nandini was in the temple praying the same rituals were done for Manik by Sharan and then as Nandini came out the temple they both saw each other and let out the tears of happiness. Manik smiled at her where as she smiled back hugely and then Manik was interrupted when sharan took him to the same temple Nandini went to. He prayed and as he came out a royal umbrella was held upon him by rishab as he walked down with everyone following him. All his family were staring at him smilingly and laughed at the royal treatment that he was receiving. Then Manik started as per the ritual he was told that was kashi yatra.