𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚜

On 9th everyone got ready wearing yellow kurta and sarees. Soon Kabir and Dhruv brought Manik out for the ceremony as it started with the groom and then the bride.

Amms and dadi applied haldi to Manik. It was quite funny as he wouldn't stop making faces and made it difficult to apply haldi on him. Finally after the older married women were done. they allowed his friends to apply it on him. All applied it very slowly just to spite him but all of a sudden Kabir emptied the entire bowl of haldi on Manik drenching him completely. All of them literally played holi. Amms took some haldi left in Manik's bowl and mixed it along with Nandini's bowl. They called Nandini out after sending Manik in to take a shower.

Nandini was made to sit on the seat and then following the Tamilian culture, they did her aarti and Meera touched her forehead with a leaf after dipping it in oil. After her Amms came forward and dipped the same leaf in haldi and applied it on her head. Soon one by one all applied it to Nandini and then she took bath with the water and necessities that were brought from Manik's household.

Next day11 o' clock

Next day
11 o' clock

All the ladies were seated in the garden of the palace dancing and singing as it was mehandi ceremony. Niyonika came forward with the tray she had and placed it on the table which contained mehendi for Nandini along with dry fruits and sweets. She took the cone in which she had stored mehendi and applied a little on both her hands. Then she let the professional mehendi artists take over meanwhile amms being the emotional woman she is started singing touching her granddaughter's face to express her emotions through her words and Nandini's mom joined her in the middle.

(Please plug in the song- Kabira enchore of yeh jawaani hai deewani).

Banno re banno meri chali sasuraal ko
Ankhiyon mein paani de gayi
Duaa mein meethi gud dhaani le gayi (x2)

Then Abhimanyu came forward and sang touching his sister's face and kissing her forehead lightly who returned to India two weeks ago to attend his beloved sister's wedding rituals and be a part of it.

Re Kabira maan jaa
Re Faqeera yun na ja
Aaja tujhko pukaare teri parchhaaiyan
Re Kabira maan ja
Re Faqeera yun na ja
Kaisa tu hai nirmohi kaisa harjaaiya

Some of the older guest uncles and aunties playing the tabla sang.

Re Kabira, Re Kabira
Re Fakeera, Re Fakeera... (x2)

All were dancing around Nandini when Kabir sang seeing Nandini and hugged her kissing her head and then abhi also joined.

Tooti chaarpai wohi thandi purvaai rasta dekhe
Doodhoon ki malaai wohi
Mitti ki suraahi rasta dekhe... (x2)