eleven

Luke's POV

Ellie hadn't messaged me to say what she wanted to do in regards to Ashton, and so I thought it best to just stay here with Cameron for the time being. He actually wanted me around and I just wasn't ready to talk to Ashton until Ellie had.

The TV had a film playing but I wasn't really paying attention, I was mostly caught up thinking about how close Cameron and I were sat. I couldn't really keep trying to push away that I felt attracted to him, but I could not act on it until I'd spoken to Ashton. I needed to sort things out with him first.

My phone ringing snapped me out of my thoughts and I pulled away from Cameron to answer the call, fully guessing it was Ashton.

"Hello?" I answered and Cameron moved off the couch to go into the kitchen.

"Luke, baby, where are you? Are you okay?" Ashton asked, he did sound a little worried but I quickly shook my head of the thought.

"I'm fine, why are you calling?" I asked.

"Because you disappeared on me the other day after getting home from the restaurant and you haven't been replying to me, I was worried." Ashton replied, clearly not liking the fact that I still wasn't coming home tonight.

I sighed, "I'll be over later and we can talk then, okay?"

"Okay, I'll see you later then." He said, "I love y-" But I cut off his words, not being able to stomach him telling me he loved me after everything he'd done.

"Was that Ashton?" Cameron asked as he returned, I nodded and he shot me a sympathetic smile, "You wanna stay here again tonight?"

"I would like that, if you want me to of course." I replied and Cameron's smile widened, before he joined me back on the couch.

"I would love you to, you can always stay here if you need to, as long as you're comfortable." Cameron said and I smiled back at him before tentatively reaching forward to take hold of his hand.

"Thank you." I said quietly, genuinely feeling he needed to know my gratitude. It wasn't often that someone would go out of their way to help a person like this, and I was so incredibly grateful and lucky to have met Cameron when I did.

Cameron just smiled again before biting his lip, he then placed his hand on my cheek to start pulling me towards him. I almost let myself slip, our lips were almost touching but I knew that I couldn't do this yet.

Putting my hand on his chest, I halted our movements and said, "We can't, not yet." Cameron sighed slightly before moving back away from me, he looked a little embarrassed and so I was quick to clarify, "Don't get me wrong, I want to kiss you, I just feel like I need to end it with Ashton properly first."

Smiling softly once again, Cameron reached over to hold my hand, giving it a tight and reassuring squeeze, "Don't worry, I understand."

"I got lucky when I met you, huh?" I then commented, feeling really happy that Cameron wasn't being a dick about me rejecting his kiss. He'd been nothing but sweet to me since we met, and he showed me that I was going to be able to move on after Ashton. That wasn't something that sounded easy because we'd been together three years, and it had been something I'd been scared of these past few months, but it certainly now felt possible.

Deciding to change the topic, Cameron asked, "Where are you staying after you break it off with Ashton?"

"Oh, I was just gonna call my parents and stay with them temporarily, they live a little away from here but I could make it work." I replied and Cameron bit his lip, seemingly nervous.