four

Luke's POV

It wasn't long into the conversation at Cameron's when he asked me if I wanted something to drink, clearly he didn't want to kick me out and I was quite happy about it to be honest.

"Do you want some hot chocolate? I'd offer tea but I have yet to re-stock my tea bags." Cameron offered and smiled.

"I'd like one, thank you."

Nodding, Cameron popped off to the kitchen that was just behind me and decided to keep up the conversation about Ashton and how he was acting, "So, when did this whole thing start with your boyfriend?"

"A few months ago, he just started being really distant and he'd ignore my calls and then it kind of clicked. He lied to me about it and still does but I know." I replied, letting out a sigh because I felt deflated by the situation.

"But you want him back?" Cameron questioned from behind me.

I thought over my answer for a moment, "Well, I thought I did but I don't know anymore." I sighed again, "I love Ashton, I really do, but he's so confusing because one minute he's jealous I'm spending time with another guy and then the next he's fucking someone behind my back and telling her I'm 'no one'." Cameron came back to the couch with two hot chocolates in hand.

Taking the one he offered me, I allowed the mug to warm my surprisingly cold hands as Cameron placed his down on the table before turning his attention to me, "Do you think maybe you should talk to him about it? Like, actually let him know that you're aware of his cheating and then see what he does?" He asked and I shrugged, knowing that I'd thought about telling him but I'd always been too scared to because I had no one if I lost him.

Cameron could sense my hesitation and continued, "If he leaves you once you tell him then he clearly doesn't love you and that may be better, as harsh as that sounds. Anyone treating you like this clearly doesn't deserve you." He was trying to make me feel better.

Smiling lightly I said, "Thanks but it's just hard because if I left then I'd have no one and when you love someone, you want them to realise how much they love you or at least did love you." I mumbled more at the end, not liking the thought that Ashton didn't love me anyway.

"I understand, it's okay to feel confused and conflicted." Cameron rubbed at my back, "Ashton is definitely sending you mixed messages but this is why you should talk to him about, he needs to be aware of what he's doing to because it's not fair on you."

I nodded before letting out a deep sigh this time, "Love is so hard."

"Agreed." Cameron laughed and I smiled over at him before taking a sip of the hot chocolate he'd made me.

"Thanks for letting me come over by the way, I really appreciate it."

"Totally no worries, it's good to have company, like I said." Cameron smiled at me once again, and I really had to admit his smile was really cute.

Nodding, I replied, "I'm glad then, it is nice to hang out with people who aren't Ashton because he really knows how to make me feel bad so this is a refreshing change."

"I'm glad I could help with that, I know how hard this can be but I didn't have people there for support. They just told me to break up with her and move on because she clearly had, that was the reality but that isn't the best thing to tell someone when they're clearly upset and still in love." Cameron revealed and I appreciated that he wasn't being like that with me because breaking up with Ashton wasn't something I was sure I wanted right now. I'd just have to suck it up and talk to him, just not tonight.

Cameron seemed to have the same thought process, "I just wanna say that you are absolutely welcome to stay tonight and talk to Ashton tomorrow, because I know it's late and I understand that you might not want to deal with him tonight." He offered and I smiled at him.

"Well, if it isn't trouble then I would like to stay here tonight and deal with him tomorrow, thank you." I replied and Cameron nodded before running to the spare bedroom to set it up for me.

Cameron was acting a lot like how I wanted Ashton to act and it was causing me a lot of confusion emotionally. I knew I was upset with what Ashton was doing and that I was craving any form of affection and care and that may be responsible for my emotions towards Cameron, but that didn't explain why I kept thinking he was cute and why out of all the people I could've run to tonight, I went to him. This boy had been more accommodating and welcoming than Ashton had been in months and I was thinking maybe that I should start keeping my options open.

When Cameron returned, he had a film in his hand and I smiled, he looked a little nervous and something about that seemed quite sweet, "I thought maybe you'd wanna watch a film? I don't know if you're tired or anything and so it's cool if you don't want to and you want to go to bed but I thought I should at least offer you a different option."

Smiling for what felt like the hundredth time today, I replied, "I'd love to watch a film."

"Ok, I'll pop it on." Cameron then moved to put the DVD in and he sat back on the couch next to me. I wasn't particularly paying attention to the film as I kept getting distracted by Cameron, and part of me really didn't mind. 

-----------

So, this is chapter shows Cameron and Luke getting along and Luke developing something for the boy. You guys don't seem to like Cameron and Luke and I get it but I guess you're going to have to wait and see what happens with them.

Anyway, could you please let me know what you think, thank you xx