25. Empire State of Mind

Start from the beginning

“Hey, you’re awake,” Harry says, and by the sound of his voice, he was smiling. “Sorry I didn’t leave a note, but we’re at a photo shoot.”

I chuckle. “It’s alright; Twitter told me.”

Harry laughed. “Well, we’re off for the rest of the day after this shoot. You want to do something?”

I sit up. “What do you have in mind?”

“Empire State Building?” he suggests, “Wanna check that out? We’ll go all the way to the top.”

My eyes widen as a grin spreads across my face. “Yes!” I instantly exclaim. “That’d be so cool.”

“Are you already dressed?”

“Yeah.”

“Good; we’ll be back in ten minutes. We’ll go right away.”

“Okay, see you then.”

“Bye, love.”

I hung up the phone and went to the bathroom, feeling as if my bladder was about to explore. Once I finished peeing, I walked out of the bathroom and decided to watch some TV while I waited for the boys to return. A couple of minutes later, my phone buzzed with a text.

From: Harry

Come down to the lobby. I’m waiting here xx

          Shutting off the TV, I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room, making sure the door locked. Getting in the elevator, I leaned against the wall of it as it moved down, the doors sliding open with a ding to reveal the grand lobby of the hotel.

          I walked out and caught sight of Harry, waiting for me with a security guard named Alberto. Harry smiled when he saw me and I walked over, and he asked, “Ready?”

“Definitely,” I say.

The two of us then walk across the lobby to where the back entrance of the hotel is, where the car was waiting for us. We got in and Alberto got in the passenger seat next to the driver, and the drive to the Empire State Building begins. It was a short drive, however, and we got to the building pretty soon.

Getting out of the car, Harry grabbed my hand and led me inside the building with Alberto following behind us. We stood in line to get our tickets but when we had them, we got into the elevator that took us up to the top.

Walking through a bunch of people, Harry opened the door which greeted us with a strong gust of wind, and I squinted my eyes as the sun suddenly hit our eyes. We stepped out where a bunch of people were looking down and taking pictures, and my eyes widen as we went towards the edge and looked down.

No one seemed to notice that Harry Styles was among them, to our benefit. The wind blew around strongly, whipping mine and Harry’s hair back and forth. I looked down and saw tiny little people and cars in the streets of Manhattan that resembled ants. My mouth gaped in awe; we were so high up, I felt like if I kept staring straight down I’d fall dizzy.

“This is unbelievable,” I chuckle as I look around the view of the city of Manhattan.

“I know, right?” Harry smiled, and then he turned to look at Alberto, handing him something. “Mind taking a picture of us, Al?”

Alberto nodded as he took what Harry was handing him, which was his iPhone. Harry and I stood in front of the gated barriers, and I felt Harry’s left arm slide around my waist and felt his hand rest on my hip.

We smiled at the camera as Alberto took our picture, even though I felt my heart pounding in my chest. I wouldn’t be feeling so on edge if it weren’t for that strange dream I had. It had left me lost and confused as hell, and I hated it.