Chapter 11

Long time no update, sorry I have been very busy. My grades dropped badly about a month ago, but I've managed to pick up most of them

/

''We're done here.'' Agent Young said as he stood up from the chair across from us. ''You okay?'' He glanced at me. I didn't notice I had zoned out. ''Yes, why?'' I lied. ''You just look a little pale that's all.'' I ignored his comment as I gave Elena my card, ''If you can think of anything else, please call us.''

//

Agent Young and I arrived back at the station and sat down at my desk. ''You sure you're okay? You've been quiet all the way here.'' I was about to respond when Hank opened his mouth, ''Quiet? Wow Gibbs, you usually never shut up.''

''Hank's got a point there.'' I glared at a certain detective by the name of Burkhardt and growled. I wasn't in the mood for his shit. I stared at my computer screen with a blank look on my face.

All the memories, it was becoming to much.

''Katie, with an attitude like that you will get yourself killed.'' I glanced at the man beside me, ''It is not fun to play by the books.''

A raid had just gone, somewhat, bad. I chased after a high-profiled criminal by myself, eventhough my orders were to only go with backup.

''I know, but this time you took it too far. Yes, I will safe your arse at the hearing, but next time I won't.''

''Keep telling yourself that, Pete.'' He chuckled and gripped the steering wheel tighter. ''Seriously Katie, be more carefull next time. I don't want to be the one to tell your family that you died.''

''No worries, La Brae can do that.''

''Gibbs!'' I snapped out of my daydream and stared right into Burkhardt's eyes. ''Yes?'' He sighed, ''I asked what you and Young found out.''

Shit. I did not pay attention.

Agent Young came to the resque and spoke, ''She told us that her dad had troubles with someone at work, she didn't know a name.''

''So found out who the man is and we might have a killer.'' Agent Agnus spoke up. It was the first time I noticed he was there too. Which is funny because he is really tall. ''But isn't this a lot for one man to do? It looks more like an animal attack then one done by a man.'' I spoke.

''I have something I can look into.'' Burkhardt said, ''Hank and I will be back in an hour or two.'' Agent Young stood up, ''Agent Agnus and I also have something we can look into.'' They all grabbed their coats and walked off.

''WAIT!'' They stopped, ''What am I suppose to do?''

''Easy answer Gibbs, investigate.''

/

I did not know how much time had passed since they left. Wu sometimes stopped by to bring me new coffee and asked if he could help with anything. I would decline and thank him for the coffee. I checked their bank and phonerecords again, looked at the crimescene photo's, but there was nothing that made sense.

I spit through their whole lives, people they knew, family, even Elena. But I came up empty. I leaned back in my chair and groaned. I knew I needed a break, but then my thoughts would wonder off again.

I had to focuse on the case. A family was murdered and one kid survived. Why? Why would someone do that? Was that person going to come after Elena too?  Like Valdez' cousin would've done to me and my family?

My family. My parents, Rick, Victoria, Aunt Cassie. What were they up to these days?

I opened google and typed in Cassandra Light. My aunt would be the easiest to find, she had a major company in London. My eyes widened as I saw the results,

Cassandra Light and husband killed in armed robbery.

Cassandra's brother to take over the company.

Aunt Cassie is gone. The aunt who would always give me candy even if my parents said no. My biggest support when I was in MI6 training. Her company made weapons for the British military and secret service, so she had insight in what I was upto.

I clicked on the first article and read it.

''Cassandra Light née Thomas and husband Armin Light were killed in an armed robbery at their weapons facility in Manchester. The armed robbery planned out and preformed by Leo Valdez. The new leader of Drug and now also weapons cartel 'The Valdez Crew'. They may not look like much, but 2 MI6 agents were killed trying to stop them...''

I felt a tear slide down my cheek. Even though I 'died' Valdez still had to come after my family?! I gripped the desk so tightly that my knuckles turned white, trying to keep a little bit of my selfcontrol.

Why didn't La Brae call me to tell me this? He promised me if anything happened to my family he would contact me.

I laid my head down on my desk and let my tears flow freely. ''Gibbs?'' I heard the voice of Burkhardt. I glanced up slightly and saw Hank and Burkhardt standing in front of my desk. ''You okay?''

I then realised that I probably looked like a mess. I quickly turned of the computer screen before they could see. ''Y-yeah I'm fine, just.. tired. I did not find anything. So if you will excuse me, I am going to get myself a Starbucks.'' I grabbed my coat and stood up, ''See you in 30 minutes boys.''

/

I did not notice the footsteps following after me until I reached the underground parking lot. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. ''Why are you following me, Burkhardt?''

''Because I want to know what is going on. You have been behaving strange since you and Agent Young went to visit Elena Rolf.''

''It is none of your buisness Burkhardt.''

''I believe it is. You're part of MY team, Gibbs.''

''Oh yeah, one hell of a team we are.'' I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. ''What is that suppose to mean?''

''Oh, I don't know. Just that you can't be a team if you don't trust each other and you clearly don't trust me.'' He glared slightly at me, ''I can't trust you if your keeping things from me. You have a big secret, Gibbs, and I-''

I had a huge headache, my world was spinning. All the secrets, being on my own, it all just became to much.

''STOP CALLING ME THAT.'' I gripped my hair tightly, trying not to lose it completely. It only happened once before, the day of mine and Pete's funural.

''That is your name, isn't it?'' The look on his face was cold as he watched me breakdown. Tears started to steam down my face as I glared at him, ''Shut up!'' His face softened slightly as he stepped closer. ''It is not your name is it?'' I shook my head.

What was I doing?

Is telling someone going to make me feel better? Pete always told me to talk about my feelings, but to Burkhardt?

He grabbed my hands, forcing me to let go of my hair, and put them down at my sides. He put his hands on my shoulders, making me look up at him. There was a small smile on his face, one of sympathy and the look in his eyes was.. calming.

''You have been keeping secret for a long time haven't you?'' I nod. ''What's your real name?''

''K-Katherine Thomas.'' His smile grew, ''What happened to you?''

''MI6, mission, mole, drug cartel.'' A tear rolled down my cheek, ''P-pete.''

''Who's Pete?'' My bottom lip trembled badly as I spoke, ''O-o-old part-ner. H-he's g-gone.'' I laid my head down on Nick's chest, ''H-he's gone. Just like m-my aunt.'' I sobbed silently into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

''I'm sorry. Not only for your loss,' I glanced up at him, ''But also for being a dick.'' I chuckled slightly, ''Yeah, you were a dick.''

''Okay, okay, we know that now.'' He grinned down at me, ''Fresh start?'' I nod, a small smile forming on my face. ''Good, thank you for telling me this, Katherine.''

//

Maybe this chapter was a little.... overdramatic..

Tell me what you think of this chapter in the comments!

See ya