Chapter 7

I changed a few things in the cast so check it out!

''So how is work in Portland?'' My old Captain asked me as we got into his car. ''It is okay..''

''You don't seem so sure of that, Gibbs.''

''Fine, okay.'' I paused, ''The Captain is nice and the people on my team are also nice..''

''But?'' He asked. ''But there is this one guy on the team, Nick Burkhardt, and he is very mysterious. Like he has a big secret that he doesn't want me to know.''

''And you hate it not to know stuff.''

''That's the problem, we both think like that. I have a big secret and he has one too. He wants to know mine and I want to know his. He doesn't trust me and I don't trust him.''

''Partnership is build on trust.'' Captain Brown told me, ''You should know that better than anyone, Gibbs.''

''I know, Captain, but-''

''No but's, Gibbs. Look you have no patients, you had that back at the MI6, but when everything went wrong there you lost it. It takes really long for you to trust people because of everything that has happened. Maybe this Nick guy has the same problem. Maybe it is hard for him to trust people, because of something that happened. You have to be patient, Melody, if you want him to trust you.''

I nod and sighed. Shortly after we arrived at Scotland Yard. I noticed the Twins car was still parked in it's usual spot as we got out of the car. I closed the car door and Captain Brown locked the car. We walked back towards the precinct and got in. We got into the elevator and went to the same level I used to work at. As I walked towards the spot where my old team and I used to work I noticed that pretty much everything was still the same.

I saw that the twins and Kyla were sitting at their desks deep in thought. ''Right people.'' I told them, dropping the bag I had been carrying around all the time on my old desk. ''We got work to do.''

*

Nick's POV

My curiosity took the best of me as I decided to look up Michael Matthews on my computer back at my house. I noticed old articals of when he was part of his old school's basketball team, heck he was even the captain. He was American and 30 years old (I read that in an recent article of a case that was solved by him and the rest of Melody's old team). I then decided to typ in Melody Gibbs, I found her Facebook page, but there wasn't much on there, so I went back to Google. I found all kinds of news articles of murders and other crimes that she solved and I found out that she was better than I thought.

I also found out the names of the rest of her team; Kyla Hudson, Aaron Warden, George Warden and their Captain was a man named Harrold Brown.

After a while I stopped reading news articles and thought back of yesterday night. Hank and I both went after the Wesen along with Monroe and I killed it. To be really honest I was happy that Melody wasn't around. It is sad what happened to that Michael guy, but how was I going to explain to her why she couldn't tag along with 'arresting' the killer. And it was indeed Ronald who was the Wesen.

The fight with Ronald wasn't much, I had a small cut above my eyebrow and a few bruises. Mornoe only had a bloody nose and Hank got a split lip.

I heard my phone go off and I looked at it and saw it was Wu calling. ''Hey Nick, we've got a new body.'' He spoke after I answered the call. ''Text me the adress, I am on my way.'' I turned off my computer and got into my car and got the text with the adress. It was actually not far from Hank's place.

I sended Hank a text saying that I would pick him up.

*

Hank and I arrived at the crimescene, which was under a bridge and Wu walked up to us as we put on our gloves. ''Victim is Ross Kloser, 27, married.''

''Okay were is the body.'' Wu pointed to somewhere on the left and I saw the body. People around it were taking pictures and colecting evidence. ''Thanks.'' Hank spoke and gave Wu a pat, more like a smack, on the shoulder. I was about to follow him when Wu stopped me. ''Do you know how Melody is doing?'' He asked me and I shook my head. ''No I haven't heard from her at all.'' Wu nodded and walked out of my way.

As I walked towards the body I looked up the time difference between Portland and London and saw that is was +8 hours which means that it is about 7 PM so she would still be awake. I went to my contacts and called her. It went straight to voicemail and I decided not to leave a message. So I just pressed and put my phone back in my pocket.

I knelled down next to the body and saw it's throat was ripped out. ''What do you think?'' Hank whispered, looking around to see if anyone was watching. I did the same before I spoke. ''I don't know, maybe a Yaguaraté or a Mauvais Dentes. I am not sure.'' Hank nod and we both stood up. We walked back to the car, taking our gloves off and throwing it in the nearest bin.

''Trailer?'' Hank mumbled. ''Yes, trailer.'' I told him and we got into the car, driving off towards the trailer.