Prologue

Prologue

           As I slowly woke up from my peaceful slumber, I cautiously stretched out my muscles. When I didn’t feel the familiar pain, I smiled in relief. It was going to be a good day, one where the nagging pain in my back wouldn’t plague me. I rolled over and sat up on the side of the bed. My eyes took in the massive room around me, and I thought once again how much my life had changed in the past seven months.

            Before, I was living my life with my parents and older brother. But that changed on the night that our car was hit by a drunk driver. My parents had been killed instantly, and my brother was in a coma. I had suffered severe injuries to my back, forcing me into intense physical therapy. But I no longer needed my wheelchair, except for really bad days, and I was able to walk again. The only way people would know that something had happened to me would be if they saw the large amount of scars on my back, that had been caused by the shattered glass of the car windows. Since I didn’t go out in public without a shirt on, I wasn’t overly concerned about people seeing me.

            When my parents had died, I’d moved in with my very wealthy and somewhat eccentric Uncle Liam. He was amazing, if a bit clueless about what to do with a teenage girl living with him. He’d had my brother, Jake, transferred to the local hospital, meaning I could still visit him whenever I wanted too.

            This was my last weekend of freedom. On Tuesday, I was starting at a new school. I hadn’t been to school since the accident and I was a little nervous. I’d had tutors to help me pass my classes for last semester, so I wasn’t worried about my grades. No, I was worried about the people. I had trouble talking to people now. Since the accident, I’d become a lot more silent then I used to be. Don’t get me wrong; I’m by no means a completely quiet, depressed girl. But I found it difficult to deal with the sympathy that I got when people learned about what had happened. Which was exactly why I planned on telling no one what had happened to me.

            But that all changed when I met a certain boy. This is our story.

**********************************************************************

So this is a very short introduction to my next book. It will have love, laughter and tears, but no Shifters this time. Give me your honest opinions on this, even though it's hard to tell what it's about at this point. I'll be uploading every other day, opposite of the days I upload FTGO. Once FTGO is done, I'll upload this one every day if enough people are enjoying it. 

Thank you leeleecometsearcher9 for the awesome cover.

Hope you enjoy it!