III - The First Time I Called Her/His Name

Natsu P.O.V

Right after the bell rang, my mind immediately told me to go home—which I will promptly oblige. I have after school activities, but damn that, who cares about me skipping my after school activities, anyway? I just hope that my teachers won’t notice me doing so… See, they force me to do those activities which I quickly refused; but unfortunately for me, they had persuaded me by bribing me to not take any exams except for the final one and they will not give me any homework. And, I just hope they do not notice me skipping because I just hate taking those crappy exams and…don’t just make me start about homework. It’ll took ten, long, lengthwise paper back-to-back just to finish my protest about erasing the existence of damn homework.

“Natsu, wait!”

I turned around and saw that it is Lisanna, my childhood best friend running up to me with her usual, big, bright smile….That stunning smile that always makes my day….

“What’s up?” I asked, a smile crooking in my lips.

“…You’re going home early today; so I thought, why not exit the academy together?” she suggested cheerfully.

I nodded, loving the energetic aura seething from her. “Okay.”

“So, how’s Lucy?” she asked me with a teasing voice as soon as we started exiting the school grounds.

“Why are you giving me that look?” I asked, my eyebrows twitching. “Well, anyway; that blonde can’t keep up with the lessons…I’ll bet that she’ll fail the upcoming quizzes if she keep dozing off.”

“Lucy’s dozing of…” she blinked and then almost choked as reality hit her. “Does that mean you’re watching her all the time?!”

I wanted to mentally slap myself when I saw Lisanna’s expression. It’s excited and…very cheerful….

“Of course not! It’s just that whenever I glance at her, she’s either asleep or something…” I reasoned, looking away at her suspicious, teasing eyes.

“Seriously, Natsu Dragneel?”

The truth? Well, I watched her the whole class and I’m impressed that she didn’t even noticed me watching her. How dense. Well, that’s fine because the thing is; I’ve enjoyed watching her while the teacher teaches her crap.

….And that is just impossible to tell Lisanna. She’ll forever tease me.

That’s one reason why I answered yes to her question, back then.

Lisanna beamed cheerfully. “Then, I’ll be going already, Natsu!” she waved, rushing to her home which we already reached.

I sighed as I continued walking down the streets. Lisanna’s house is few blocks away from mine and it seriously sucks since Lisanna’s the only person whom I’m well civiled with.

As I am drifting to my own imagination while walking to my house, I heard a familiar scream, asking for help in the most pitiable way.

“Help, please; help me!”

I glanced at the source of the voice and saw that it was blondie…the blonde that is sitting beside me in class. I rushed up to her and saw that beside her, there’s a mangled, bloody body.

“Blondie, what’s up?”

“A-ah, p-please help me carry this guy to the hospital!” she huffed, tears welling in the corners of her chocolate eyes. “I…H-he’s dying!”

I leered closer to the guy and saw that not only his body, but his face is also covered in blood. An accident…With a shallow inhale of breath, I snaked my arms around the guy and took him in the nearest hospital with blondie. I can’t see the guy clearly, but this guy….I recognize him….