Chapter 2- Late Night Story Time

"Yuu-chan?"

"What is it, Mika?"

"You never got to finish that story you were telling me."

"Oh right," Yuichiro sat up on his bed.

Yuu and Mikaela spent the whole day playing with their family, and didn't have enough time to talk about much together. Yuu tried to make some time so he could spend it with Mika, but the blonde seemed more interested in playing with the orphans than talking to Yuu.

It slightly made Yuichiro upset, but he knew Mika was a caring brother.

"We were at the point where I died and you ran away." Mika recalled.

"Oh, yea. Anyways, I ran out of the underground place, and  I finally came back to the real world. It wasn't as beautiful as I expected, but it beats the facility we were living in."

"Hey, Yuu-chan?"

"What?"

"Can I come over to your bunk?"

"Why?"

"I feel like you're shouting at me."

"Sure, you can come up."

Yuichiro felt the bunk bed shake as Mikaela climbed to the top so he could sleep with Yuu. Sleeping with Mikaela sparked a strange feeling in Yuu. He longed to snuggle with Mika and touch him, a lot. He restrained himself, of course.

Yuichiro had recently read a book about puberty, so he assumed having these weird feelings and urging were a part of growing up.

"Continue, Yuu-chan," Mikaela pleaded, cuddling with a pillow he brought from his bunk.

"There were people that greeted me. They said I was part of some prophecy. Anyways, they took me in, and trained me to become a vampire fighter."

"You'll have to fight me?" 

"Well, since a vampire killed you and the family, I wanted to be able to exterminate the vampires, every single one of them. I didn't actually kill you though."

"I could never see myself as a vampire," Mika giggled.

Yuichiro blushed. He was happy that he could make Mika happy. "Anyways, I had to go to a school, where I learned how to make friends and how to kill vampires. I wanted to be part of the Moon Demon Company, where you could kill vampires. Normal weapons couldn't kill vampires, there needed to be cursed weapons to kill them."

"Woah! That's so cool, Yuu-chan!!"

"I had to make friends, so I made a few. I remember one was named Yoichi, and another one was named Shinoa. I had two other companions, but I forgot their name. Together, we tried very hard to kill all of the vampires."

"That's it?"

"No. I haven't got to the part about you becoming a vampire yet, remember?"

"Man, I keep interrupting. I'm really sorry."

"No, it's fine, I don't mind."

"You're so kind, Yuu-chan."

Yuichiro looked at Mikaela and blushed. Mikaela smiled back and inched closer to Yuichiro.

"Anyways, I couldn't quite remember what happened, but I know that me and my friends got cursed weapons." Yuu continued. "And I remember that the vampires decided to start a war against the humans, because we did something wrong."

"Well, if you think about it, humans waste so much all the time, it's not a surprise vampires want to kill us too."

Yuichiro shrugged. "When we were at war, I saw a vampire that looked like you. It really was you. Apparently, the queen of all vampires gave you her blood, so you could live, but as a vampire."

"So your dream is based off about the vampire book we read a while ago?"

Yuu thought for a moment. "Yes, actually. Vampires were allowed to heal scars quickly, and attach their arms back."

"But you had cursed weapons, so you killed me?"

"I didn't activate it, so no."

"Activate?"

"It's confusing, I can barely remember anyways. So, you were okay, we talked and..." Yuu's voice trailed off. "I can't remember what happened next."

"Aww, that's upsetting."

"Sorry. I can recall some of the fights my team and I had."

"Oh, Oh I wanna hear!"

"I remember we had to free a few kids that were held captive in a different vampire location. We saved a kid, and she said there were... eight, I think, vampires in that location. Me and my squad-"

"Squad," Mikaela giggled.

"What?"

"Nothing, sorry. Continue."

"Okay, me and my squad went over to exterminate the vampires, but there were actually more than that. Apparently the vampires threaten to kill her family and her friends if she told the truth, so she had to lie." 

"I feel like your dream has a very deep meaning."

"All dreams have meanings."

"I think it's trying to say that humans, even though they're flawed and careless, are extremely loyal and faithful."

"But there were people in my dream that were willing to sacrifice other people to get what they wanted." 

"Well there are some people that are evil," Mikaela sighed. The blonde scooted closer to Yuichiro and hugged him. "I'm just glad you're not one of them."

Yuichiro could feel his face heating up as he returned the embrace. "I'm glad I have you."

"Me too. Can you remember any other parts of your dream? I find it really interesting."

"Dream? Hmm... I remember our squad leader had purple hair."

"You weren't the leader?"

"No, I was just the careless one."

"That suits you, Yuu-chan." Mikaela remarked.

"Oi! Are you saying that I'm careless?"

"Yuu-chan~ I'm sleepy. Is it okay if I sleep with you?"

"Of course," Yuichiro tried to keep his excitement to himself.

Mikaela smiled and snuggled with Yuu and fell asleep. Yuu watched the blonde sleep, his soft snore echoing through the jet-black haired boy's ears.

Was this what I longed for?  Yuichiro thought to himself. I wanted to have Mika to myself. I have that now, right? Yet, why do I still want more? Is it greedy of me?

I guess another fault in humans is that they have uncontrollable greed. And with that last note, Yuichiro, too, fell asleep.