chapter 9

"We're here." I told Lia when I looked behind me.

She was sleeping. Awe. She looks so peaceful. That's cute ha. I looked at Hayden and he was already chuckling at his lil sister. You can see how much he loved and cared for her. I nudged him and he looked at me.

"Are we going to just sit here or wake her up and tell her we're here?" I asked him.

He chuckled. "Wake her up." He said and unbuckled himself.

He got out and opened her side of the door. I unbuckled myself and got out. I watched him as he woke her up. She rubbed my eyes with the back of her hand and yawned.

"We're here." I heard him tell her.

Her eyes widened and she smiled brightly.

"Really?" She asked hopefully.

Hayden nodded and she looked out the window and indeed we were here. She tried unbuckling herself fast but Hayden helped her. I chuckled and she jumped out the car. Right when Hayden shut the door, I locked the car and we made our way to the Chuck E Cheese's building.

We entered and heard some kids screaming, talking and laughing. The guy stamped our hands and we made our way in line to get tokens.

When it was our turn, we ordered a large cheesy pizza and 200 tokens. The guy gave us a number and we left looking for a table. We found one and put our stuff on there so no one wouldn't steal our table. After that, we headed off to play and win some tickets. 50 tokens and a lot of tokens later, we saw that our pizza arrived.

We made our way to our table and got the pizza ready. We ate and talked. After we ate, we went back to having fun. An hour later, we finished all 200 tokens and Lia was still a ball of energy.

"Can we buy more tokens?" She asked with big blue eyes.

I smiled. "Yea." I said and bought 100 more tokens.

After that, we wasted them all and finally found out how much tickets we earned. When the paper came out, Lia's and Hayden's eyes widened in shock. I chuckled. It isn't the first time for me that it's passed 1000 tickets. Lia grinned proudly.

"3,086 tickets. We must be good!" She gushed.

I chuckled and gave her a high five. I ruffled her hair.

"It's all yours and Hayden's."

She shook her head. "No. You helped so you get some too." She stubbornly said.

I rolled my eyes and nodded with a smile. "Okay then."

We got in line and Lia told the chick to split it in three for us three. The chick did and Lia went first in wanting what she wanted. When she finished, Hayden went next  then I went. With the left over amount, we gave it to Lia and she was happy. We left with new prizes and got in the car. We left as Lia kept talking.

I told her I was going to turn up the music and she got quiet. I blasted my music loudly, well loud enough for Lia and we all bobbed our heads to the beat. Even Lia bobbed her head. When we finally entered town, it was dark.

I dropped them off at their place and drove home. When I got home, my baby was still parked in Josh's drive way. I parked his car next to my baby and pushed him to my place. I entered Mac's place and gave the keys to him.

Josh was on the couch and his eyes landed on me. He grinned and held up the pipe.

"Wanna?" He asked smirking.

I smirked and shut the door behind me.

****

I felt someone's fist fly at my face and landed a blow on my left eye. I cursed under my breath and threw a blind punch to the persons face. I felt their nose connect to my face and I knew I got her out cold. People got in and dragged her out of the ring. Kevin came in and congratulated me and asked me if I wanted to do another round.