Chapter 12: Betrayal

*Ali's POV*

Maverick shifted right in front of my eyes and covered my mouth. My scream was muffled until it slowly died. My heart raced as I stared at Maverick.

He looked at me, his eyes filled with sadness.

"If I let go you better promise me you won't scream. Nod if you promise."

I nodded staring at his green eyes. Slowly he took his hand off my mouth and backed away. He was completely naked! I let out a small scream, jumping up on the bed. I covered my eyes.

The sound of a moving around then finally a zipper made me look up.

"I'm not crazy, the only type of crazy I am is crazy in love with you." I stayed silent as he confessed his love. I didn't love him, in fact, I hated him.

Hate is such a strong word... A suitable word for a kidnapper. He frowned at me and started to come closer. I held out my hands in front of me, my heart starting to pound again.

He sighed loudly, "Cinderella, I will make you a deal. If you just tell me your name then I will leave. Until then I'm going to sit next to in that bed and just talk, even if you don't respond, okay?"

I stayed silent, as if he would get into bed with me. He shrugged his shoulders and walked around the bed. Before I could stop him, he sunk into the soft material and laid down.

I turned around in bed and stared at him.

"Why won't you tell me you're name?" I stayed silent. For some reason, I wanted to tell him. I wanted him to say it. But I am just a girl with teenage hormones.

"You know, I love walking in here and seeing you. It sounds creepy but you're my mate. I want you to be safe."

"Then let me go." I said my voice really quiet.

"I can't." He stared at me, his eyes taking in all of the mess I was. "But, I may be convinced to let you have a phone call."

"Really?" Sudden hope filled my veins as I looked at him.

"Yea, if you follow theses conditions. One, you need to take a shower. Two, you have to come to dinner every night from now on." I nodded eager to call someone. "And lastly, you need to tell me your name."

My smile faltered, did I really want to do that?? Was I willing to give away my identity.

"My name is Alex." I said keeping my eyes away from him. He seemed to ponder it before shaking his head.

"No it's not." He smirked at me. "What is it really?"

"My name..." I sighed looking at him. "Is Ali."

A sudden chill seemed to rip through his body.

"Ali." He repeated. I jumped as sparks ran through my body and butterflies flew in my stomach.

"Alright, Ali, let's go to my office." He said my name like he was testing the way it sounded on his lips. I stood up awkwardly.

My body ached from laying down for almost two days straight. Maverick glanced at me, before grabbing my hand and gently pulling me forward. I followed, excited to finally call someone. I didn't know who to call, mom would be working and Ethan would be at school. I could call Kyle and tell him to tell everyone. Perfect!