Chapter 6: The Dress

*Ali's POV*

"Eww no. That one looks horrendous!" Kyle practically screamed, "take this one." He stood up, handing me a deep red dress.

I looked at the dress in confusion. "You want me to actually wear a masquerade dress??" The past dresses he had handed me were short little things but this one was long and had layers that seemed to just fall careless down the dress. Simple yet elegant.

"Yes, now put it on." He sat back down waiting expectantly.

I mumbled incoherent words in annoyance. I walked back into the dressing room and took off the short black dress, that I thought Blake would love.

I slipped on the red dress and groaned in annoyance.

"Kyle!! It's a corset, I can't tie it!" I heard him let out a small evil chuckle. That bastard.

"I would go in there and help but this lady is already giving me dirty looks. I'll send her in."

About 2 minutes later this grumpy looking woman comes into the changing room, without knocking or anything. She steps behind me and begins roughly pulling at the strings.

"Ouch!" I let out a hiss of pain as she continues the torture, making it like a second skin.

"Done," then she briskly walks out, without another word.

I looked in the mirror and let out a small gasp. The dress made me feel a lot prettier than I usually felt, I don't know how to explain it, I just felt beautiful.

Slowly, I made my way out of the changing room. Kyle looked up, his eyes raking down my body.

"Now that's a good dress." Kyle said meeting my eyes again.. "Go change so we can pay and get out of here"

I nodded with a huge smile, we're done shopping.

~~~~

Kyle ended up paying for my dress, against my liking, then he took me to get ice cream in the mall, which I am perfectly okay with.

"What do you mean you don't believe in one true love?!" Kyle looked at me like I told him I was pregnant.

I shrugged slightly, taking a bite of ice cream, "I don't know, having one person forever seems unrealistic."

Kyle rolled his eyes, "having a true love is totally possible. My parents always tell me that they were each other's firsts and they still love each other."

"Yea but they had a different way of growing up. The guys knew manners back then."

"Hey, I have manners!"

"Well I know you do but not the rest of your kind."

Kyle stiffened, "what do you mean my kind"

"Guys.. What were you thinking?"

He shook it off and said,"not that, but we should finish eating soon, the ice cream lady keeps giving us dirty looks."  I giggled looking at the lady behind me. She openly stared at us with a disapproving gaze.

"Oh, old people. They are so cute." I said taking another bite of my ice cream. Kyle rolled his eyes, obviously disagreeing with me. 

"Old people are mostly rude and totally not adorable." He retorted.

"Some." I corrected smoothly taking my last bite with a sigh, "man I finished my ice cream..." Kyle chuckled at me, grabbing his spoon and smearing ice cream on my face. "No you still got a little."

I gasped loudly, "you didn't!!" Quickly, I went to an ice cream machine and got a glob of ice cream.

With a sly smirk, I smeared the ice cream on his head.

The vanilla ice cream dripped down his face slowly. He closed his eyes for a moment to rethink what just happened.
"Ali, you better run." He quickly got up with his bowl in hand. He grabbed the ice cream and smeared it all over my face.

"You son of a bi-"

"Hey!!!" The crabby old lady yelled. "Get out of my ice cream store. Get Out!!"

Kyle winced slightly and took my hand, pulling me out of the store. My face painted with birthday cake ice cream while his head was dripping with vanilla ice cream.

We looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

"You look like a little smurf!!"

"You look like a vampire, a screwed up one at that." I laughed.

Every time we calmed down, we would make eye contact and just die of laughter again.

People from afar looked at us weirdly, but who cares. We are having fun.

"we need to clean up, you look disgusting" Kyle said finally calming down.

"Oh please I work the ice cream look, but you look awful."

"I hope you get acne from that ice cream."he grumbles in annoyance.

I frowned and slapped him on his shoulder lightly. "Never wish a such horrible thing to someone, especially me!" 

Kyle sent me a sly smile before grabbing my hand and walking toward a disgusting place.

"Fine then I wish you have to go get dirty stuff from Victoria Secret." I gasped loudly fighting is hold on me.

"Let go! I'm not doing that, no food allowed in the store sorry, I can't!! Kyle please!" I continued babbling on, not wanting to go to the store.

Kyle smirked, "don't you want to find some good.. Holders in case you and Blake go somewhere." Kyle said suggestively. I shook my head vigorously and kept fighting his hold. He sighed giving up, "fine I guess your boob holders will do." He let go of me and smiled, "I can torture you later."

I grimaced stepping away, "don't say that, that makes it sound like we are going to have kinky sex."

Kyle chuckled loudly while nodding his head.

I frowned not enjoying his amusement. "Can we go to my house now, the ball is tomorrow and I want to make sure everything is perfect for Blake."

Kyle nodded before stiffening, staring at the food court. "Ali let's go." He grabbed my hand and we walked toward the front doors. I glanced at where we was looking and instantly regretted it.

There sat Blake and Alexis making out in the middle of the mall food court, happy as can be.

Blake didn't care about me at all, he pitied me.

~~~~~~~~

Authors note

Hey!! So I wrote this chapter while in the Gulf of Mexico. Only a pathetic teenage writer would spend her vacation writing her books. Oh well I still had a great time and I will be updating more frequently, hopefully.

Anywhore, love you my little monsters!!

~~~ Alex ❤️❤️❤️