Chapter 11: Getting Naked

**Kyle's POV**

I paced around my room my mind clouded with memories of my best friend. Ali went to that stupid ball and hasn't come home since. I kicked my bed as hard as I could, anger and fear running in my veins. No phone calls, no notes, nothing. She just vanished.

It's been three days, the missing report was filed and Ali's mom just goes on the porch and starts crying. Ever since that night, my life has slowly lost it's value. Ali let me be myself, I could just be Kyle. Of course she didn't know everything about me, only what I could tell her but still.

"Ali," I whispered. "Come back." My eyes stung with emotion.

How could anyone take such a bright light and no one find it? Are the cops even looking? I've have ran all across our small town, I tried to find her. She isn't in the town.

My heart physically ached with worry. My head burned memories into my consciousness, I will never stop looking for her.

"Kyle, Ali's mom is here to see you!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Coming," I replied, wiping the stray tear that slowly fell down my cheek. I ran down the stairs as quick as a wolf. My mom pointed out to our back porch as I approached. I nodded my head in thanks before going outside.

I opened the slide door and immediately the sounds of sobs rang in my head. I closed the door and sat next to the broken mother.

"Why," she sobbed out. "Why my baby?"

"I don't know but we are going to find her," I kept my voice stronger than I felt. "That's a promise."

"Do people realize how they affect the family when they take someone?"

I stayed silent and wrapped my arms around my second mother. No, they don't or if they do, they don't care what happens to the broken pieces. I'll make them care, they will regret ever taking Ali when I rip them to shreds. Just like they did to our hearts.

*Ethan's POV*

Another sob raked my body as I continued to knock on her door.

"Ali! Open up I know you're in there, this is just some joke!" I wiped my face and kept knocking. The door slowly opened. My heart pounded with excitement. Kayla peeked out of the door her little face stained with tears. Instantly my excitement died.

"Bubba?" She said her voice small and shaky. "I want sissy back!" She ran to Ali's bed and threw her self on it. My heart shattered as I watched my little sister.

I wanted to be the brave one, I always was but right now I just can't be brave anymore. I am scared. I sniffled loudly wiping my face. I walked into Ali's room going straight to my little sister.

"Kay, I love you." I said as I picked her up then crawled into bed with her. She stayed silent clinging to me tightly. I let go of my inner battle with emotions and let the sobs rake my body. My tears soaked Ali's pillow. Everything here was still in place, I'm not sure if it helped me feel better or made me feel worse. Her radio was still on her nightstand, her closet was still full of clothes, she even had a half full water bottle there. Everything seemed normal, except she wasn't here. She was gone.

"It's okay, Kayla" I cooed, my voice hoarse. Fear chilled me as I thought of what she could be going through. The last thing I said to her didn't seem important enough. If i never saw her again I would regret my last words.

I regret not going and kicking that Blake's ass for her, I regret not being there to protect her. I would regret not doing everything I could to protect her. I couldn't loose her. I hugged my sister a little tighter, tears hotly running down my cheeks.