Chapter 5

Will stared blankly at the paper. Everyone he knew and loved were in danger. It was like his world was slowly collapsing around him.

"What do we do Halt?" Will asked.

"King duncan already knows and I sent word to our Skandian friends. Duncan said we should lay low for a while and hope this blows over." Said Halt. Horace stepped forward.

"But we have to do something about these guys!" Halt held up a hand to silence him.

"Gilan is here to help watch over Duncan, with me. If you would like to, you could go help guard Erak for the time being and Horace you can go watch over Baron Arald with Sir Rodney." Horace answered quickly.

"I'll go, and we already know Will is going." Will nodded. Just then Alyss walked over.

"I only heard bits and pieces, whats going on?"

After Halt explained what was happening and what everyone was doing Alyss nodded.

"While you guys do that I could stay with Evanlyn, in case assasins come here." Halt nodded.

"Good idea." said Horace.

"So when should we leave?" asked Will.

"I say tomorrow would be best. I'll send a messenger bird to Erak in advance so he knows you're on your way." said Halt.

Will went inside to prepare his things. He packed extra arrows and a spare cloak. He was packing other provisions when Alyss came inside. Everyone else was outside, talking. Alyss sighed and walked up to Will. Alyss hugged him.

"I know you're capable of protecting yourself, but I want you to be extra careful this time." She let go of Will.

"I will be fine. I'm always more careful when im alone." said Will with a smile. Alyss smiled back.

"I know, but something about this whole situation is sketchy."

"Only one way to find out." Will replied with a weak laugh.

***********************************

Good so far? vote and/or comment if you enjoyed. Stay awesome bro's