Chapter 5

“Bye James,” I say before kissing him on the check and getting into my mustang. Now you’re probably wondering why someone who is the daughter of people, who are basically rolling in money, is driving a mustang and the answer is I love them. They so cool and smooth I just couldn’t replace it with a newer model.

I quickly pull into the school parking lot, taking my usual spot next to Kylie and my other close friend Zoe. I check myself like I did each morning. I'm wearing a big t-shirt which said I’m hot so what? And blue denim shorts that reached my knees. I get out, locking the door before walking up to them as they were waiting for me at the school entrance.

“Hi guys, what’s going on?” I ask as we had a group hug. We start walking, me in the middle Zoe to my left and Kylie to my right. It’s how we always have done it, subconsciously too. Zoe is wearing black and pink tracksuits with a heart necklace, whilst Kylie is wearing skinny jeans with a hoodie. We weren’t really the stylish type, more brains then Barbie’s. I know we all have fashionable clothes but we didn’t wear them. I know they do it for me since I don’t like to attract too much attention.

“Nothing much but on the weekend, I finally met my older sister’s boyfriend for the first time and Jesus Christ he is stupid.” Kylie and I burst into a fit of giggles.  Zoe’s sister Hailey was always going out with weird guys that Zoe disliked. Once, one of her boyfriend’s hit on Zoe and ended up with a seriously disgusting black eye. Zoe may be the smallest out of the three of us but she could really kick ass if she wanted.

“Guys this is so not funny,” she said pouting. “Hailey seems to really like him. What if they move in together, then Hailey becomes pregnant, so they get married and they have weird children who eat sand and stick bubble gum at their noses and-”

“Breath Zoe!” We shout at the same time. Zoe was always like this getting hyped up over small things.

“Bubble gum up their noses?” I question, raising my left eyebrow.

“Hey, it happens!” She cries pointing her devil finger at me. I hold up my hands in surrender and she sighs. We reach our lockers and put away our bags before taking take out our books. I close my locker and turn around crashing directly into someone. My glasses fall on the floor along with my books. Crap.

“Sorry I- ” I look up from picking up the books  and I was staring into the eyes of Blake Richard. He is joint top in the male popularity chart along Sean Grey who happened to be his best friends and my new neighbour. I mentally shook my head getting out of my daze. I clear my voice before starting over again. “Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” We picked up all our stuff and were now standing face to face. My glasses were firmly in my hand and I was debating as to whether I should put them on or not. I decided against it to be on the safe side.

“No it was my fought, I was distracted." He paseds before continuing, "Hey, have we met before?” he asks. The way he said it sounded rehearsed which reminded me of Sean.

“I believe we have,” I say guessing that this was leading to a cheesy line.

“Are you sure because I don’t think I would’ve forgotten your eyes. Their beautiful,” he declares and I can tell from his face that he was waiting for a blush or shyness of some kind but I just roll my eyes.

“Very original,” I say sarcastically, “but you’re going to have to better than that, a lot better.” With that I swiftly walk past him and down the corridor. I hear gasps but didn’t dare look back. When I turn the corner, I patiently wait for Kylie and Zoe to get here. I put my glasses back on deciding I’ve attracted enough attention for one day or week.

After a minute of two of waiting they turn the corner and rush towards me shock written all over their faces. Oh crap here we go.

“OMG Blake Richards totally just flirted with you and you just knocked him down high five up top,” Zoe says and I high fived her smiling happily that I get some praise.