Chapter 1

Knock knock!

Dammit! Ross and Rachel were just about kiss. This better be important since their making me miss a good episode of Friends. I reluctantly get up muttering under breath and walk towards the door. I open it to see my little baby nephew James alone in his basket crying. I immediately take him in my arms rocking him back and forth. He instantly stops crying and smiles up at me. I look away from him up at the corridor. Where the hell is my sister? I know there was no point of trying to run after her since she could be miles away by now, so I take the basket and go inside. I place the basket on the kitchen worktop still rocking James gently.

“There, there James. You’re a good little baby aren’t you? Yes you are.” I carry on gently whispering to him but soon he starts crying again. I start singing a soothing lullaby and before you know it he was sleeping peacefully. He was so perfect and I love him so much but where the hell is my sister? I reach for the remote turning off the TV.

“I guess I won’t be watching it today,” I mutter to myself.  I walk back to the kitchen and place James in the basket. Then I take the basket and place it on my bed. I kiss him on his forehead and just as I pull away, I notice an envelope in the basket. Carefully trying not to wake James, I take the envelope and silently walk out the room. Crashing on the sofa with a sigh, I open the envelope.

Dear Angelina,

How are you? Hope schools going okay, anyway when you reads this note I’ll have already been long gone so don’t try to find me. Things have happened and I’ve realised that I can’t look after James anymore, well not now anyway. You’re so good with James and just babies in general so that’s why I’ve decided to leave him with you. I know you’re only sixteen and have just recently been living alone but please, please don’t abandon James, not like me. You’re the only one I trust with him.  I can’t tell you why or where I’m going but please understand that it’s for the best. I don’t know when I’ll be back but can you do me this one extra favour and tell James I love, all the time. I’m sorry and I love you both.

Yours sincerely

Andrea

P.S. There’s seven hundred dollars in the envelope to help take care of James.

Oh crap! Ho-how could she do this to me- to James? He’s only four months old and I’m only sixteen. I can’t look after him, especially on my own and for God knows how long. I have school and work, so how the hell am I going to look after a baby.

“I’m sorry Andrea, but I can’t do it,” I say to myself before getting up and walking to my bedroom. I walk to James but as soon as I see his beautiful sleeping face, I know. I know there’s no way I can abandon him like that. I don’t know how but I know I’m going to take care of James as if he’s my own son, well minus the breast feeding cause their isn’t any milk coming out of their that’s for sure. My sister may be able to leave him but I know I’m not like that. Family comes first has always been our motto and she’s just broken it.

“Don’t worry James,” I whisper knowing he can’t hear me, “You don’t need her, you’ve got me and I’m not going anywhere.”

That’s all for the prologue I hope you like it. I’ll update soon and it will be longer. Feel free to vote and comment or even become a fan, I won’t hate you for it :D

P.S. also looking for a new name for this book.