第12章

(A/N If you forgot about the problem Reece had with his ex, the beginning of chapter 5 will refresh your memory. (this chapter is all about Reece's problem))

Reece's POV

I watched Brian drink the alcohol bottle in his hand. He hadn't drunk much but it wouldn't be soon before he was drunk as hell. I knew that was his goal because he just wants to forget about what happened tonight.

It's hard to believe that someone as innocent looking as him was really guilty as fuck. Nobody would look at Brian and immediately think 'hitman'. No. They'd take a look at him and assume he was a model or something. The first time I looked at Brian, I thought be was an internet star or something because that's the vibe he gave off.

His grip around the bottle was so tight that his yellow knuckles were growing white. I shouldn't be letting him drink that much but I understand why he's doing it. So all I can do is sit across from him and watch him try to drink his problem away.

"Hey, want some?" He asked me. I shook my head. "Good, more for me then."

"That's strong stuff, B. Your head's gonna hurt so bad in the morning if you drink the whole bottle tonight." I stated.

He looked at the bottle and then looked at me. "You're right, let's go out tonight then. What's the time? Two?"

I looked at the time on the stove and said, "One fifty three."

"Let's go out then. Tonight's been kinda rough, let's let loose." He said.

"Shit, alright." I said. We hopped off the kitchen stools. I grabbed my phone off the table, just as it rang. It was a text from my ex girlfriend's mother...you know, the ex girlfriend who told me she was pregnant and then completely abandoned me.

I didn't want to read her text but did I really have a choice? Her daughter was pregnant with my child. I opened her text message and read it.

She's in labor at her place, hurry up so you don't miss your son's birth.

SHIT!

"Change of plans, Brian. Brianna went into labor." I said, snatching my keys and jetting out the door. Brian was right behind me. When we got in the car, I sled away and towards the her house.

"Some night, right Reece?" Brian chuckled.

"Yeah. Some night."

It only took us six minutes to get there. I didn't bother knocking on the door, I just ran right in. I have no idea what made her give birth at home. Doesn't that stuff hurt more or something?

She was in a mini pool already giving birth. Her mother was holding her hand, telling her to breathe. When her mom, Janette, saw me she told me to get on my knees and get the baby when it came out. I looked at Brian before doing what Janette said.

"Ew! That's him?!" I asked as I watched my son's head coming out of her.

"Don't yell, Reece. Just make sure your son comes out right." Janette sternly said.

I was freaking out as the baby made his way out into the world. I was told birth was beautiful...I didn't imagine what I was seeing now. He was halfway out now. A part of me just wanted to yank him out but I knew I couldn't do that. That would hurt him.

I looked back at Brian who had the same facial expression as me. With one final push, the baby came out right into my hands. He was crying and covered in this white stuff.

"He's here!" Janette screamed, making her way over to the baby with a blanket. She took him right out my hands to clean him off.

"You're gonna be an interesting father." Brian whispered in my ear.

I stood up and walked over to Janette and Brianna. Brianna, my ex, looked sick. Like she had a disease or something. When Janette showed Brianna the baby boy, Brianna struggled to smile. What the hell was wrong with her?

"Why's she look sick?" I asked Janette.

She looked at me and then the baby. She handed me the baby and said, "Brianna has Cancer."

Wait a minute.

"What did you just say?" I asked, thinking I didn't hear what she just said correctly.

"I said Brianna has Cancer and she's got a week left so afterwards the baby is all yours." Janette said as she made faces at the baby in my arms.

I looked at Brianna. I never really was attracted to her but she wasn't a bad person. In fact, she was a really great person. I have no idea why she hadn't told me sooner.

"So why am I just finding out? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked, trying not to upset the baby.

"Because Reece, you would freak out. What man wouldn't freak out about becoming a single father?" Janette asked.

I didn't answer her, I just looked down at the baby who was staring right at me.
How the hell was I supposed to do this?
"So, what's his name?" I asked no one in particular.

"Brianna decided on Danny. Do you like it?"

"I love it." I looked down at Brianna who was still laying down. She was looking up at me holding Danny. I wonder if she wanted to smile, I think she was trying, judging by the corner of her lips she was struggling to smile.

After Brianna died, how the hell was I supposed to take care of a baby? I didn't even know how to properly hold him.

"He looks like you." Brian stated.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. He'll grow up and be just as handsome as his daddy."

•••
HERES REECE'S CHAPTER. I DON'T REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I HAVEN'T ADDED ANY DETAILS ABOUT BRIANNA IN ANY PREVIOUS CHAPTER (WHICH I AM SORRY FOR). BUT I DID FORGET ABOUT THE NIGHT REECE GOT DRUNK. PLUS, I WANNA APOLOGIZE FOR HOW SHORT IT IS.

BUT I DID ATTACH A SONG TO THE CHAPTER THAT REMINDED ME OF BRIAN AND REECE IN REECE'S POV. (SUNG BY MY BABY, ZAYN)

WORD COUNT IS 1040.