第3章

Chuck in the Multimedia

Previously

"Brian?"

"Mr. Cain..."

"What are you doing? Kill this guy!" Harry yelled.

I put down the gun. I can't shoot him. Chuck loves this man like a son lives his father. I can't hurt Chuck anymore. Mr. Cain is looking at me with disappointment in his eyes. What is he so disappointed about? I'm not going to kill him.

"You're better than this, Brian." He wasn't paying attention to Harry whose got his gun pointed at him. He had his eyes on me.

"Who is this guy? You're uncle?" Harry asked.

"Nah. Just don't kill this one." I said as I turned to walk away.

"But he saw us. Fuck that."

BANG!

"No!" I shouted.

"Give a fuck if he is your family. He saw us and now he'll die." Harry smiled sadistically and walked away.

I looked down at Mr. Cain. Harry shot him in the stomach.

"Let's go, B!" Harry said.

I couldn't leave Mr. Cain here. Chuck would never forgive me. Even if he does die tonight I wasn't going to let him die in the back of Golden Gym. I had too much respect for this man.

"What the fuck?! Get your black ass in this car or I'll leave you!" Harry yelled.

I ignored him and crouched down to Mr. Cain. He was coughing up blood.

"I gotcha mister." I ripped off my sleeve and balled it up. I pressured it on his gun wound. I went in my pocket with my free hand to fetch my phone. I called Reece and told him to come to the back of Walmart fast.

I heard Harry counting down to ten. I could care less if he leaves me. Right now Chuck's teacher is my top priority.

"I'm so sorry for this, fam. Truly I am." I told him.

I didn't know if I was telling Mr. Cain that or if I'm saying this to Chuck even though he's not here. I didn't know I was crying until a tear fell. The idea of Chuck hating me killed me.

"Oh shit, what happened?!" It was Reece.

"I'll tell you later just help me get him to the hospital!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been sitting in the damn waiting room for so long. Reece was right beside me. He still had this shocked expression on his face. Chuck was on my right. He looked like he wanted to cry...but be didn't. Chuck hasn't cried in over two years. It's like he has no more tears to let out. But I could still see it in his eyes that he was sad. His teacher must mean a lot to him.

I told Chuck that I found Mr. Cain like that. It hurt to lie but if he knew that I had something to do with the incident, I don't know what he'll do.

Just when I think things couldn't get any worse, the hospital doors opened and Harry and Don walk in. Harry looked pissed. Don looked...well Don looked like what he always looked like. Lost. Don turned to me.

"Brian I'd like a word with you." He said.

Chuck looked at me, confused. He knew who Don was. Everyone knows who Don Benjamin was.

"I'll be right back." I told Chuck before getting up and following Don outside.

At first he didn't speak. He just stared out in space. Then he looked at me and smiled. He went in his pocket and pulled out a thick envelope. He grabbed my hand and placed the envelope in my hand.