第10章

Cain in the multimedia

"So you two are my nephews?"

"Yeah. We've been living with you for five years."

"Why doesn't he talk?"

"Well, Chuck is mute. His larynx isn't like ours, it's a little damaged."

Idris looked at Chuck. His glare lingered. Then he turned back to me.

"What happened?" He asked.

Unsure if I should tell him that he was the cause, I turned to Chuck. Chuck hadn't looked at Idris yet, he kept his eyes on the floor. I could tell he was uncomfortable. He was always uncomfortable in the presence of Idris.

"Chuck..." I said.

'Tell him if you want, I don't care. I just want to leave.' Chuck signed.

"He uh, was born like it." I lied.

"Sorry to hear that, Chuck." Idris said.

Chuck didn't reply. Instead he walked out of the room. I let him. If he wanted to act like that, then I'll let him. He still had a strong dislike for Idris even though Idris lost his memory. I couldn't blame him either. Idris gave Chuck hell. He beat him, yelled at him, tortured him, and took away his voice. Shit, if I were Chuck I'd act the same way. But I'm not and I was willing to help Idris through his memory loss.

Idris looked at me, confused.

"He's not having a good day."

The nurse walked in with her clip board. She was really attractive. She was shaped like a coca cola bottle and her eyes were fucking beautiful. She smiled at me and Idris.

"Okay Mr Achike, you'll be ready for release after you sign a few signatures." She said in a thick New York accent, handing Idris a clipboard with papers on it and a pen.

I was staring at her because of how gorgeous she looked. If this wasn't her job, I'd definitely start to flirt but she seemed like she carried herself with confidence and I didn't want to look like that desperate asshole who flirts with women just about anywhere.

"Do I have something on my face?" She asked when she noticed my staring.

Yeah, all that beauty.

"No." I said.

"Finished." Idris handed the paper back to the nurse.

She smiled at him again and told him that he could leave and that she'll check up on him from time to time to see if he's doing good.

"Thanks nurse Alexis." Idris said.

And with that we walked out of the hospital. Reece was waiting for us in his car. I let Idris ride shot gun and I hopped in the back.

"What's up, Mr Idris?" Reece said.

"Who are you?" My uncle asked.

"Brian's friend."

Five minutes later, Reece dropped us off and sped off to do whatever.