Chapter 20-

"Guys! Come say goodbye to Darren!" Theo yelled across the commons room, Maggie was the first one across, taking her steps in multiples of 3.

"I'm going to miss you Darren," She smiled at me, "Good luck, and come back to visit me!" She laughed but had a serious tone.

"Don't worry Maggie, every weekend, I promise!" I hugged her and was tackled from behind.

"Dude! I can't believe your leaving me, all ALONE!" Jonah dramatically sighed.

"You'll be out just as soon as your better," I hugged him and I can't deny, I cried a bit. He's my best friend, of course I'm going to be upset about leaving him.

Oscar was next, we said our goodbyes but I made sure not to hug him, he still has a while until he can handle hugs, and I respect that. PTSD is a scary thing that I can't even fantom to imagine what he's went through.

Elaine ran up and pulled me down to her face and kissed me. "I'll miss you Darren," she whispered.

"You'll be out soon, just keep yourself sober; We'll be together then."

We became close within the months I've been here, the antidepressants had started helping and my feelings were slowly recovering, I didn't feel numb any more; because of that, I had grown 'fond' of Elaine.

"I'll really miss you guys," I smiled, "Ill be back to visit, and just wait 'till your all out, imagine how much we could hang out outside of this hospital!" Everyone laughed but it soon faded out. Tears were next, first me, then the others. It was worse then when we watched titanic, we probably cried enough to float that boat.

"I love you guys," I felt my mom's presence and I turned to leave.

I waved one last time and I was out, out in the real world, away from the institute.