Chapter 14-

I felt my heart drop and I yelled out to her.

People were getting out of their cars screaming for her to get down before she hurts herself.

She glanced around but i could tell she was long gone.

She dropped a crumbled paper all on to the ground and took a breath.

And jumped.

She plummeted to the ground and as much as I knew I should be sad, I just couldn't bring myself to it. I wondered over and picked up the paper and slowly flattened it out.

Dear whoever's reading this...

I'm sorry I've done this, to be honest I don't have a solid reason to do this. I guess I just couldn't do it anymore... I wanted to feel weightless for so long, I went years starving myself, not eating enough, skipping dinner and you know what? It hurts. It hurts so bad.

All I wanted was to be skinny, to be perfect... and It never happened.

If this isn't Mom, can you tell her about this? Make sure to be gentle with it, she's going to freak out. You can tell the twins and Dakota too... Thank you whoever you are, I'm sorry that you have to read this.

Love...

Ashely

I looked over the edge of the bridge and took another calm breath as I held myself back from jumping as well.

Maybe this is how I can get out of this feeling of numbness...