Chapter 8. Second Time Hero (EDITED)

sooo sorry i havent updated in such a long time. I wrote this chapter about two days ago and didnt have time to upload it so sorry. the next chapter will be out soon.!! <333

Oh and feel free to pm me and chat! i love getting messages from fans and anything concerning my work. 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Salina..." Amoretta started but was cut off by a loud siren.

Suddenly someone busted through the the bathroom, "If anyone's in here, please come out immediatly! A large fire has been reported in the building!"

"Dammit" Amoretta cursed and then sighed in annoyance.

I looked at her confused but she ignored my expression and instead grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the bathroom. I noticed her strong grasp and winced in response. She immediatly loosened up.

Once we reached outside the women's bathroom, thick black smoke appeared and had surrounded us.

Amoretta pushed me down to the ground and continued to hold onto me as she tried to lead our way out of the building. Even though we were in the middle of a life threatening moment, her touch still gave me butterflies inside. 

We both coughed multiple times, the smoke pouring out into our lungs making it more than difficult to breathe.

I felt my eyes start to water and my vision blur. I could feel the thick smoke pouring into my lungs every minute.

I peered ahead to see a large fire blocking the main entrance of the bookstore.

How were we going to get out?! I almost died yesterday and I might just actually die today.

My heart began to beat faster if that was even possible; as I realized I was close to death.

The sight of an emergency exit towards the children's section crossed my mind. Maybe that could be our way out!

"Amoretta, there's an emergency exit in the back!" I had to yell over the blazing sound of the fire and everything falling and getting destroyed in the bookstore. 

She acknowledged my comment and nodded, I lead us towards the exit. The only thing that could actually save our lives.

We dodged around fires and fallen-over-bookshelves that most likely collapsed when everybody was frantically trying to exit the building.

Taking a few more twists and turns and making sure Amoretta was still with me by glancing back her way to check on her; we made it to the exit.

I pushed against it only to my disatisfaction to find out that the emergency exit was locked.

What were we going to do now?!

"Salina open the door!" Amoretta yelled.

"I tried it won't budge!" I repsonded.

Amoretta pushed against it with all her might but she couldn't open the emergency exit door either.

I looked at her hopelessly. Although she looked at me as if a light bulb went off above her head.

Amoretta picked me up and threw me over her shoulder, like a firefighter.

From what I could see, practically upside down she was headed towards the stairs.

Why would she be going towards the stairs?

She began sprinting up the them, which made me wonder how she could run up the stairs with a  girl who probably weighed more than her on her shoulder. But there was no time to think about that.

She finally made it to the top of the third floor where she approached a door labeled 'Roof Exit'.

If only I was as smart as her.

She pushed it open as we saw firetrucks, police, and helicopters surrounding the entire building.