Chapter 3. Bean's Coffee Shop

thanks to many positive comments peoples!! haha lol but im going to try my best to post 3 chapters today!! i wrote 2 last night and stayed up to two in the morning writing haha lol enjoy!!

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds and the sun shining brightly through my window. You would think I would be happy to wake up to such beautiful things but it's not that beautiful when it wakes you up at 7:30 on a Saturday morning.

I got out of bed and closed my curtains.

It's been three weeks from the incident with Amoretta but since then she's been very friendly, let's just say she wasn't acting as strange as she did the other day.

My phone was buzzing on my dresser, the caller ID blank, no unknown, just blank. I ended the call.

it rang again and again and after the 4th time ending the call I answered.

"Hello?"

"Salina don't go to Exit 29 on your way home from work, or I'll be waiting," said a deep male voice.

"Wha-Why?! Who is this? How do you know my name?!" I yelled into my phone.

The line went dead. I shrugged it off; it was probably a prank call.

I pulled into Bean's coffeeshop with two minutes to spare. I clocked in just in time.

Today was a busy day at work, so many people showed up this morning espicially since it was a Saturday.

I walked out of the coffeeshop and sat on the edge of the sidewalk for my fifteen minute break.

The bell to the coffee shop jingled and out came Amoretta with a warm hot chocolate in her hands. She sat down next to me on the sidewalk.

"Hi Amoretta," I said bravely, wow, the first time I've talked to her without stuttering. I'll reward myself later.

"Hey Salina," she replied brightly and then looked at my apparel, a short sleeved shirt and thin khakis, "Arn't you cold?!"

"Yeah, I left my sweater at home." I said back to her.

She wrapped her warm arms around me and leaned her head on my shoulder, "Is this better?", she whispered into my ear.

I got chills, but not from the wind, from her. But it felt right being in her arms, like I belonged in them.

"Ye-" I started to reply but was cut off when my co-worker Nick came looking at us, "Salina you need to come back in, your break is over."

I looked at Amoretta, "It's okay," she said, "I'll see you in a few" she winked and then walked off.

Though I had no idea what she meant by "see you in a few", considering it was Saturday and I didn't remember planning any playdates.

^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^

"Ma'am, let me repeat myself again, you ordered two caramel frappechinos and three blueberry scones!" I yelled at the customer.

The old lady waved her cane in my face, "I absolutely did not! I ordered a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. I want my money back!" she yelled.

My anger meter reached the top, "I can't give you your money back lady! It's already charged on your credit card! What do you think I am a magic fairy?! I can't put the money back on the card!" I answered angrily.

"You wanna tussle little girl?" The old lady asked.

"Bring it, Grandma!"

I felt a searing hot liquid on my leg and screamed, "Ahh! What the hell?!"

"Ms. Marrero we do not tolerate provocative language here at Bean's Coffeeshop! Now what seems to be the problem here?" Mr. Bean, the manager asked.

"This girl says I ordered two caramel frappes and three blueberry scones which I didn't order. I ordered a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. I want my money back now!" The old lady shouted.

"Salina give her back her money and a free hot chocolate with extra whipped cream," Mr. Bean said to me.

"But-!" i started to protest but he pointed at the plaque above the fireplace in the lounge that read:

All customers of Mr. Bean's Coffeeshop are guaranteed refunds or a free item if your order is mixed up. Because remember our motto here is: The customer is always right! :)

Curse that horrid plaque.