Chapter 7. Sunday

hey guys so glad you can make it to chapter 7!! whoo! but seriously tell all your friends and fans about this story because we want it back on the what's hot list!  and i hope you guys are enjoying my chapters because i wont be able to update as much because i start school in two days!! lol enjoy!!!!

Chapter 7. Sunday

Amoretta went home early  the next morning, but left a note.

Dear Salina,

Sorry I had to leave so early. My mom needed me back at home. I hope we can have more sleepovers soon.

Love, Amoretta xoxo

I smiled brightly, this not made my morning. I opened the curtains letting in the sunlight and stretched my arms high.I entered the bathroom and washed my face, my cheeks were still stained with my tears from last night.

Walking down the stairs, the sweet smell of homemade chocolate chip pancakes filled my nostrils. Mom was up.

"Good morning sweetheart! Where's Amoretta?", Mom asked while scrambling some eggs.

" Her mom needed her at home early this morning."

"Oh, I was looking forward to her tasting my famous pancakes, maybe another time."

She placed my plate at the table and sat across from me. We said grace and began to eat silently, the birds chirping outside the window.

"Salina, honey?"

"Yes mother?" I answered.

"I think you should go by  Macy's house later. I'm going to make a dinner for them tonight. Maybe you an pick up some flowers from the store on your way?"

I though hard about and looked down at my pancakes, chocolate syrup poured over them. Visit Macy and her family? I haven't spoken to her in two years. I don't think having her childhood best friend who was in love with her make her situation any better.

"I don't think that's such a good idea, Mom." I said moving around the remaining food on my plate.

"Why not?" ,she asked, "You guys used to be such great friends!"

"Yeah, exactly 'used to be'. We're not friends anymore." I replied washing my dish.

"Please Salina? I know it would make Macy happy if her old best friend was there for her during her loss."

I sighed, "Fine."

^.^   ^.^   ^.^   ^.^   ^.^   ^.^   ^.^

*****************************************************

I had a big tray of lasagna, garlic bread and flowers in my hands. I rang the doorbell.

After two minutes of waiting I though about heading back home but Macy answered the door. She was still in her pajamas, her nose red and her eyes puffy from crying. "Salina?"

I didn't know what to say there was a lump in my throat and I was lost for words when I saw her. I wanted to cry with her, hug her and tell her everything was going to be okay. But I couldn't, Max was gone and no one could bring him back. Besides that she probably still hated me anyways.

"Uh, m-my mom made some lasagna for your family..." I stuttered handing her the food.

She took it and the flowers and walked more into her house. I stood there awkwardly not knowing if I should wait for her to come back. I mean she left her door open.

She came back out with a scarf, earmuffs, a vest, and Uggs. And she did what I never thought she would do in a million years.

She hugged me.

I stood there for a moment not knowing what to do, but somehow my arms wrapped around her and I hugged her back.

Her green eyes looked up to me, "I'm sorry for everything. I was stupid-and I still am. B-but now that Max is gone", she began sobbing, "I just need a friend to lean on."

She broke away from the embrace, "I understand that you probably won't and will never forgive me. I just wanted to tell you how wrong I was and how sorry I am." she said trying to open the door back to her house, but I stopped her. I grabbed hold of her small wrist and made her look at me.

"No it's fine I forgive you, I shouldn't have told you about my feelings in the first place, I was being dumb." I said referencing back to the incident in eighth grade.

"No you weren't. I was, there was absolutely no reason for me to react like that. I was just so shocked." Macy replied.

"So..." she said after a while, "You forgive me?"

I smiled as to say 'yes', "You wanna go get some hot chocolate?" I asked rubbing my hands together to keep warm.

She nodded.

We ended up at a nearby Barne's and Nobles with a built in Starbuck's sipping hot chocolates and sitting on the lounge chairs.

"So, I hear you're friends with the new girl..." Macy trailed.

"Amoretta?" I asked.

"Yeah her. Is she nice?" Macy asked taking another sip of her hot beverage.

I felt my cheeks warm up just thinking about her, "Y-yeah she's really nice. She slept over my house yesterday." I commented.

"Oh." she said surprised, " I didn't know you guys were so close."

"Um, yeah we're good friends."

We headed downstairs and skimmed through the manga section. Back when we were younger we would come down here everyday after school and read mangas.

I felt a hand cover my eyes, the other wrapped around my waist, "Guess who?"

I removed their hands and turned around to see Amoretta, "Hey!" she said.

"Hi Amoretta" I said smiling, "I thought you were with her mom?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah she just needed me for a few errands and then I was free. I was just in the music section talking to that guy over there" she said pointing to a blonde haired guy wearing a blue beanie. He smiled and waved back to both me and her. I recognized him.

"Oh that's Nick Summers, my co-worker." I said.

"You must be Amoretta?" Macy asked. Both me and Amoretta turned around to face her.

"Yes. Are you Macy?" she asked.

Macy nodded, "Salina tells me you guys are close?"

"Yeah", Amoretta said wrapping her arm around my waist, pulling me towards her, "We're pretty much best friends." she said. I smiled at her.

Macy rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Oh that's cool!" she said and forced a smile.

We all sat down and read a few mangas, after my third I had to go. "I'll be right back I gotta use the bathroom."

I entered a stall and peed, I reached my hand into the toilet paper roll dispenser but it was empty. Crap!

I thought hard on my options to receive toilet paper. For at least ten minutes I was in there thinking when i heard the girl's bathroom door open.

"Salina?" Amoretta asked knocking on the door of my stall, "You okay?"

"Do you think you can hand me some toilet paper?"

She handed me some under the stall door, I grabbed it and flushed.

Ugh this was so embarrassing.

When I opened the stall door Amoretta pushed me back inside and locked the stall door behind her.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled.

"Shhh!" she whispered placing a finger on my lips.