Chapter 2. Officially Meeting Amoretta

I sat down in front of the oak tree outside and put my drawing in one of the pockets in my sweater.

I pulled out my iPod and turned on a Panic! At the Disco song. This is what I do almost everyday after school when I didn't have to babysit. I would listen to my iPod and take pictures of the scenery around me.

I snapped a few pics of a the last flower floating down from the tree. Fall was coming.

"Salina right?" A distant voice asked from behind me.

I pulled out my earphones to see Amoretta sitting beside me.

I swallowed and then spoke, "Uh,yeah...Amoretta, is it?".

"Yes," she smiled, "So what are you doing?", Amoretta asked looking at my camera.

"Oh, um just taking some pictures...", I said.

She moved a strand of her mahogany hair behind her ear, "We will be great friends."

"Pardon?", I asked shocked.

"Yes?", she asked as what she just said was the most normal thing you would say when first meeting someone.

"You just said, 'We would be great friends.'...we kinda just met."

Amoretta looked at me blankly, and then looked at the suns starting to set in front of us.

"We must go soon," she said.

"Wha-why?" I asked, Amoretta was starting to freak me out.

She pushed me towards my truck and placed my keys in my hand, how did she get to them?! I could've sworn I put them in my bag!

She pushed me against the truck and looked at me, we were so close I could smell the mintyness of her breath.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Salina," she spoke softly and disappeared into the woods behind the oak tree we were sitting at before.

I climbed into my truck and drove straight home. I don't know what was going on with Amoretta but it was definitely weird.

I locked the house door behind me and hung my coat up on the coat hanger.

"Hey sweetie, how was school today?" my mom yelled from the kitchen while she finished preparing our dinner.

"Fine, mother." I sat down at the dining table across from dad where he was reading the paper.

We said Grace and began to eat.

"So Salina," my mom started with a mouthful of cheese ravioli, my favorite, "When are you going to introduce your boyfriend to us?" she asked.

I sighed. Mother is convinced I have this secret boyfriend that I've been hiding from them. I assure you I have no boyfriend and don't have any intention on getting one anytime soon.

"Mother, I don't have a boyfriend." I ate more of my ravioli.

"You better not," my father added, "No daughter of mine will be dating boys without me giving them permission."

I wonder if he would be more relaxed if I had a girlfriend, I mentally laughed.

I placed my dish in the sink, sprinted upstairs and yelled, "Goodnight Parents!" from the top of the stairs.

After changing into my pajamas I walked towards my bed and saw my Angel drawing on my pillow. I put it in my dresser and drifted off to sleep.