SkyMU~ Night Light

~Sky's POV~

I slipped deeper into the covers of my fluffy bed as the stars danced across the sky. As a light breeze skirted through my window, the curtains flew back and forth.

My soft hazel eyes darted around the room as my pupils slowly decreased in size.

To be honest, I was petrified of the dark, staying alone at night with no parents to hug me. No friends to laugh with me, no one to hold. Yes I enjoyed alone time, but it was different at night. I sighed, telling myself to stop being such a wuss. You could guess how that worked out.

My hand instinctively reached for my phone and I turned it on. Bright light flooded my sight as I scrolled through notifications. I opened my contacts list and eyed Jason's.

He wouldn't mind if I asked him to come over, right? He knew I had a fear so...would that be okay? I was about to press the call button, but was surprised when he called me first.

I automatically accepted and put it on speaker. "Adam?!" His voice was clouded with worry and concern, with the slightest hint of exhaustion. I sighed in relief, tears rolling down my cheeks as I smiled.

"P-Please come over Jason..." I managed to choke out, wishing I didn't sound so helpless. "Of course! You should've called me over, I know it's hard-" Lightning illuminated the sky, Thunder following the lead.

Transparent liquid poured from the sky, leaving me desperate for him to come over. "I'm going over there." Was the last I heard before he hung up.

Paranoia crawled up and down my spine. It was so odd, illusions seeped deep enough into my brain to control me. I started feeling itchy, jumping at every little thing.

Jason, please hurry.

~Jason's POV~

My car pulled up to the front of Adam's humongous home. It was pretty much a mansion, only a lot homier. I parked my car in the front and leaped out the car, dashing to the door to avoid the bone chilling drops of rain.

I pulled out the small, engraved house key Adam gave me. "There's no place like home, especially when you're there."
He gave a different engravement on each key he gave. I always wondered if this meant I was special, but it doesn't matter.

As long as I'm at least a part of his life, I'm completely content. I scrambled on the doormat and popped the key into the door space. I twisted it left and slid it out the key, opening the door.

"A-Adam?" I called out, a little scared at how easily I could get lost. "JASON!" Adam's voice rang out clearly, and I saw his curly mop of hair bounce when he saw me.

My face lit up as I ran over to hug Adam. "Haha, you're never alone. You got me!" I giggled-I MEAN. Manly laughed..... or something...

He looked down at me, cheeks dusting a light pink. I smiled, noticing him blush. 'Too late to think twice now.' I leaned in closer to his face, pressing my lips against his in a gentle manner.

We pulled apart after a few minutes, gasping for air. "Be my night light, Jason." Adam purred in an amused manner. I nodded, and we cuddled for awhile. Since we were still on his couch, I accidentally fell asleep.

"I-I...Goddamn. I love you so much..." He stuttered, falling asleep in my arms.