Skylox~ Ghost Towns

This is a songfic, so italics are lyrics, it's kinda sad so :c.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Sky's POV~
I've got no need for open roads,

I crouched a little to catch my breath from running, to notice Ty was tired too. We've been running away from bombs and explosions for hours. Our parents and family are dead, and our whole city's been attacked.

Cause all I own, fits on my back.

"Ty, on my back. You're tired.." I suggested, but he shook his head. " You're tired too you k-" "NOW TY! THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!" I picked him up, put his legs on my shoulders and ran as fast as I could.

I see the world from rusted trains,

We jumped onto the train just in time, there was another bomb coming. Ty and I decided to sit on a window seat, bad idea. The landscape of our once beautiful village, burned to a crisp.

And I always know, I won't be back...

"W-We're not coming back anytime soon are we...?" I choked out as I started to tear up. Ty hugged me lightly, "Not anytime soon." He looked at me and lifted his hand to wipe away my tears. Yet failed, tears forming in the corners if his own eyes.

Cause all my life, is wrapped up in today

Make the best of it people say, it is today, we should enjoy it. That's why it's called the present. "Why wasn't our present good, Sky?" Ty was devastated, he had a huge family.

No past or future here

I looked at him and took a deep breath. "We try again tomorrow." He hugged my waist and buried his face into my shoulder, "Okay...our friends would want that..."

If I find my name's no good,

My family on the other hand, isn't known for being the best. Yes, I've stolen some items like butter to pay for my sister's prosthetic leg, and now we're wanted. For trying to stay alive.

I'll just fall out of line

Ty's family, my family, Jason, Mitch, Jerome, Jin, Ryan, Preston, Seto, Ethan, Sub, Okward, Bodil, everyone is dead. All besides us.

I miss you, but there's no coming home

"Mitch, Jerome, Seto..." I banged my fists on the rusted train window, my forehead pressed against it, wishing I could've saved them. Saved everyone.

There's no coming home

All my memories, Ty's memories, ejected from our bodies and dumped in our once home. Now something I don't even recognize. This is why Ty and I tried to not get attached to stuff, you lose them eventually. Nothing comes without a price.

With a name like mine...

Even if I came back 10 years later, and it was a whole new city. They'd still know my wanted name, and I'd be executed.

But I still, think of you

All the smiles of my friends, the twinkling eyes of Jason when he smiled, Jerome determine filled actions. Mitch's swift and loyal guidence, Seto's strong magic powered protection.

But everyone knows, yeah everyone knows

I looked over to my right to see Ty, whimpering in his sleep, tears still rolling down his face. I went behind him and wrapped my arms around him in a somewhat, cradle fashion. This seemed to calm him down a lot.

If you can let it go

There was no other choice but to fall asleep too, we weren't getting anywhere anytime soon. This train is set to take us to Clearpond Village Orphanage, 300 miles away. That gives us about 5 days.

I've seen more places then I can name,

In the morning Ty woke me up to show me the scenery if this place we're passing by. It truly was beautiful. Until we hit the ones that were similarly bombed like us. World really is, already a living hell.

But over time, they all start to look the same

People, blood, screams, fire. Everything covered in fire and ashes, hiding the once elegant greenery and joyful people. Ant lived here...But, gladly two people caught the train and hopped on. "A-Ant?!"

But it ain't the truth we chase, no it's the promise of

"ANT!" Ty lunged himself at him, crying and laughing at the same time. I went in and hugged him before he stabbed us both. "But...Ant...y-you..." Blood bubbled at my lips, no use in trying to speak.

A better place

I jolted upward from my laying position on the seat. My forehead coated with sweat, hands shaking. So it was a dream? So Ant isn't really..."Ant..." I whimpered, Ty hugging me.

And all this time, ice been chasing down a lie, and I know it for what it is

There's no escape from this world, is there? Our world is round for a reason, we get no minor 'timeout' corners. We get the full blown punishment.

But it beats the alternatives, so I'll take the lie

"Ty. What would our family say if they were here..." My fingers entwined with his, "They wouldn't say a word." He took a breath so he wouldn't burst in tears. "They're dead. There's n-no what ifs..."

I still miss you,

No matter how many times I get told your dead, that we couldn't have done anything. That's all useless spoken format, we could've done something. That's why I feel guilty.

But there's no going home, no going home

You're so far away, I can't reach you. Friends, Family, I'm sorry. Maybe, when I'm strong enough, avengence will be our only purpose. Set a lit fire of revenge into every single one of those bombers heart and family.

And I still, dream of you

"We're avenging them." I said with passion, Ty eyeing me in a surprised manner. He cupped my cheeks and kisses my softly, smiling. "As long as I have you."

But everyone knows, yea everyone know

"I, Sky myself swear to avenge my family and the kin before them."
"I, Ty myself as a whole with body and mind will avenge my kin and the kin before them." "Together. We start our quest."

If you can, let it go

My now partner in crime looked at me, determined to take up the role of avenging both if our families. Let them rot in hell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Holy----this is 1084 words, hope you enjoyed this <3! Once again mildly short, but honestly. I may delete this one shot and make it into a chapter fanfiction, this is good stuff :3.
Art at the top by @Aleatoraye