Memories we share~ Merome

~Mitch's POV~
"Ready for our dinner date Benja?" Jerome's voice filled the room. I laughed to myself, really bacc? "It's just dinner," I clarified.

Yet when the words came out my mouth, my #1 best friend laughed. "Yeah remember we're 'straight'" He laughed.

We had a running on joke, because once Adam asked how Jerome and I were doing. We didn't know which one to say between "Good" and "Okay".

So, we accidentally yelled "Were GAY!" Yup, that was a thing. "Okie doke, I'm ready." I walked out my room with my signature jeans and black & red checkered hoodie.

To be honest, Jerome looked pretty attractive in that suit. Maybe tonight could change our friendship. Maybe~

"I'm driving right?" He asked me. What a gentleman, "Hell yeah, what were you gonna do be a passenger?" I chuckled.

"Alright then," The dashing bacc gently grabbed my hand and dragged me to the car, opening the door for me.

"This isn't a da—" "Shut up and let your biggums escort someone as beautiful as you. Cmon." He smiled. It won me over every time.

Dangit Jerome! I sighed, "Alright, I am beautiful so." Both of us laughed for a minute before biggums hopped in the car and started driving.

Everything was fine, listening to the radio and chit chatting, until the smell of burning flooded my nose. "Jerome? Do you smell that?"

He just pointed towards the window, a terrified expression on his face. The building we were having dinner at, engulfed with bright flames.

After we snapped out of our trance I spoke, "We gotta help those people." But of course. Jerome was already opening the door to run in and help.

"Jerome! Don't run in there so quickly!!" I ran after him, hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid.
That night, we did a lot of stupid things.

It took Jerome half a second to decide to go in. Yet that's when the chaos happened. As soon as he went in, the building exploded.

It exploded into tiny pieces, throwing me 4 yards back, slamming my head against a car.
My skin, burning from the little fire pieces launched at me.

If this was bad for me, I wonder about Jer—. Jerome! My ears could only head a loud beeping noise, but I could barely, still see.

That's when I found Jerome. He has a little girl with dark skin and curly black hair in his arms. The girl was shielded by my biggums.

She was fine, now shaking Jerome wildly and crying for him to get up. Why is she crying, I knew him better than anyone else!

My legs did as they wished and sprinted over to Jerome. "Biggums..?" My face was inches from his, my hand cupping his right cheek.

Oh how desperate I was for him to be alive, I'd be nothing without him. The hands of mine went to his neck and checked for a pulse.

My heart wrenched and broke into a thousand pieces when there was none. Nada, Zilch, zero.

My eyes started to sting and fill up with water, now bursting in tears and choking up about Jerome. My hand still on his fur.

I could see many people through my tears. Some police and paramedics, some lay dead.

The memories we share Jerome, great times. If only we could've shared them longer.