Chapter XXIX

So I took forever to post this and I am very sorry about this. Buuuuuuut this one is a little longer and just for Krystin and Malika there is some kissy face Xavier <3 I think I'm over my writer's block, sooooo vote, comment, and enjoy by the way it is four am as I'm posting this, I decided not to sleep until it was finished, so please, excuse any errors, I haven't had the chance to fix them yet <3

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter XXIX: Shit Happens

Xavier was waiting on my porch swing for me with coffee. "How are you?"

"I'm alright."

"Does that hurt?" he asked as he gingerly traced the bruise on my face.

"Not bad."

"Alright."

We sat in awkward silence for a long moment, then both started at the same moment. Both insisting the other start.

"Juliet, ladies first."

I sighed. "Xavier, I'm confused."

"About?"

"Me and you."

Xavier nodded. "What part confuses you?"

"You're my advisor, but you're more than that and we both know it."

Xavier nodded waiting for me to go on.

"What exactly more is, is what I don't quite understand."

"What do you want more to be?"

"I don't know."

"Well, you have to figure that part out. I will abide by your decision, whatever it may be."

"Why are you so understanding?" I groaned. "I don't know what to do, you're my advisor, tell me!" I huffed.

"Would you like me to tell you what I would like to do right now?"

"Yes, yes, actually I would."

Xavier took the coffee from my hands and put both of our mugs on the ground. He leaned over and whispered "This," before his lips met mine. After a moment he pulled away. "Now what do you want to do?"

"I want to do that again." I smiled and pulled him back to me. Our mouths met and there was a hunger to it. My hands tangled themselves in his hair and I pressed my lips harder against his. I wanted more. Xavier's arms slid around my waist and he managed to lower us down without our lips separating. My lips trailed away from his lips to his neck and he moaned softly. His lips trailed down my neck to my collar bone, nibbling here and there and it sent chills through my body. He made his way back up my neck teasingly slow. I couldn't help but squirm. I wanted so much more in that moment. My hands slid up his shirt and traced his abs, up to his sculpted chest. I was pulling his shirt off when someone cleared their throat behind us. I jumped and knocked Xavier off the swing, and then proceeded to fall off myself. I felt the color rush to my face, I was at least beet red.

"Good morning, lovebirds." Amanda smirked from the doorway, a cigarette hanging between her lips. "I hate to interrupt but I have an impressionable three-year-old, and I really don't want his earliest memory of Juliet to be her having sex on the porch swing."

I didn't think my face could get any hotter, but after that statement it certainly did. "We weren't,"

"Not yet. It's about time you did that though. I was going to intervene soon if you didn't kiss that boy already."

"It's complicated."

"I'm going to quote a very stupid girl who says very smart things, 'it's only as complicated as you make it.' Do we remember who said this?"