Chapter XVII

This is also dedicated to Kryzme because she helped my 21st be awesomeful

Okay, this took forever, for a few very important reasons, one my brother just go deployed to Afghanistan, so I spent the week before he left with him, deal with it, then i turned 21, for those of you who are not American, it's a time of great joy and alcohol, so part took, but I'm back now lovelies!

________________________________

Chapter XVII: :D

"Don't talk about things you know nothing about. It makes you sound like a prat." Harper spat.

Xavier's eyes flashed dangerously as he turned to face Harper. "Boys who don't know what they're getting themselves into should walk away." He warned, his voice dripping venom.

"Or what?"

"Don't tempt me, little boy."

"I don't think you'll do anything. I think you're all talk." Harper goaded.

"This is your last warning."

"I'm sure it is."

"Both of you, stop it!" I snipped.

"Harper, you need to leave before I do something rash and crass." Xavier growled.

"Let's see it. You aren't going to do anything but sit and run your mouth."

Xavier took a calming breath and turned to me. "Juliet, I think it's best if you run along to bed."

"I told you." Harper egged.

I saw Xavier take another breath, I thought it was another calming breath, but before I had time to blink he spun around and punched Harper in the jaw. I watched Harper fall to the ground.

"Xavier!"

"What?"

"Why did you hit him?"

"He was asking for it."

"Xavier!"

"You didn't react this way when he hit me."

"He didn't knock you unconscious."

"You son of a bitch!" I heard Harper shout, which surprised me almost as much as the punch he threw right past me to Xavier's face.

The next thing I knew I was shoved to the ground and the two of them were freely throwing punches at one another. "Stop it! Both of you! You're acting like children!" I shouted as I picked myself up. Neither of them were listening to me. "Guys! This is stupid!" I sighed. I was about to do something stupid. I lunged in between the two of them, ending in both of them hitting me. One fist connected with my side, the other to my head. I let myself fall and groaned.

"JULIET!" the both shouted and in a moment they were both by my side.

"That hurt," I groaned. My head was pounding and it felt like I had cracked ribs.

"Why would you do that?"

"What were you thinking?"

"That was reckless and foolish."

"Jules, are you hurt?"

"Stop! Noise hurts right now." I groaned. "Now, listen to me. First, help me sit up." I felt hands on my back and people helping me sit up. Xavier traced around the sensitive spot on my face making me wince.

"Juliet, look at me." I tried and he sighed. "How are you feeling?"

"Honestly, like a train ran over me. Everything is spinning and I'm nauseous."