Chapter XIV

Sorry this took so long, I've had a lot going on, but you don't care about that, so enjoy <3

___________________________________________________

Chapter XIV: The Ball

Have you ever had a little voice whisper in the back of your mind this might not be a good idea? Yeah, I don't have one of those voices, and so I end up in situations like this.

"Tut, tut, Juliet, a bet is a bet." Xavier warned as I opened my mouth to argue. I rolled my eyes and slumped back my chair.

"This is stupid,"

"The entire day, you are not to argue or throw tantrums, just be obedient for once in your life. I believe it's quite convenient it just so happens to be on the day of one of the biggest charity events of the summer."

"Just know that I hate you right now," I cooed, singsong. "And just wait until tomorrow."

"Are we being a poor sport?"

"Never," I smiled up at him. "It's not like I'm being a whiney little boy sulking in a chair because someone else is teaching my advised to dance."

"Juliet," Xavier cooed right back.

"Yes?"

"Shut up,"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Fair was fair. Betting Xavier was not the brightest idea I've ever had, then again . . . coming to England wasn't either. So far my decisions this year were not looking to be the best of my life. Oh well, I've made them, now I have to live with them.

So far today, Xavier had taken me out to breakfast, then took me somewhere to have my hair and nails professionally done. I was wearing fake nails, which I hated and glaring at everyone in the salon.

"Juliet, behave," Xavier warned looking up from his magazine. He was lounging in a chair with an amused expression on his face as he watched. I'm glad someone was having a good time.

Air brushing is annoying. It takes forever and you have to hold still. It didn't take long for me to be annoyed. At least after he took me to a quaint little bistro. "You should try the,"

"I already know what I want," I cut him off.

"Too bad, you have to listen today."

I glared at Xavier as he ordered for us. He was making me get a salad. I wanted a freaking sandwich and he wouldn't let me. Son of a bitch. Just wait until tomorrow.

I made a scene stabbing the salad very loudly and awkwardly every time a took a bite. I knew I was embarrassing him, but I smiled sweetly at him.

"You're making a scene," Xavier muttered quietly.

"I'm just eating,"

"Eat like a lady,"

"I am, see it's a salad."

Xavier sighed. "Would you have behaved if I let you get the sandwich,"

"Probably not."

Xavier laughed. "I'm going to go insane."

"Good, someone will join me,"

Xavier took me home and Gwen and Laurel helped me get ready.

"Xavier's having too much fun with this stupid bet," I grumbled.

"What bet?" Gwen asked.

"He won a bet and now I have to listen to him today."

"Why would you bet that?"