Chapter XIII

Dedicated to caskettgal thanks for fanning <3

_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter XIII: Dancing?

I was up bright and early. Laurel was surprised when I was awake when she came to wake me. "My, this is new." She smiled.

"I'm excited!" I beamed. "I might be off of house arrest. Who knows maybe soon they'll let me out on my own." I laughed.

"Are you going shopping today?"

"Yup,"

"Xavier suggested an outfit for you that he deemed appropriate."

"Of course he did," I felt my mood flatten. "Show me," I sighed.

The outfit consisted of a pair of flattering light blue designer jeans, a neutral grey tank top and a black cardigan. Okay, it wasn't me, but I didn't hate it. To my delight there was a pair of brand new black converse. I got dressed and was the first down to breakfast for a change. I'm pretty sure this was the first time this had happened ever. Eleanor asked what I wanted for breakfast and I told her whatever sounded like a good idea as long as there was bacon. She laughed and told me she's bring me something delicious. I was sitting at the table when James came in wearing a suit and looking concerned.

"Good morning,"

"What? Oh, my, good morning, Juliet. You're up early."

"I'm excited. Not to mention Lana said she'd be here first thing in the morning and I don't want to make her wait."

"I'm glad you're taking this seriously."

I shrugged. "I'm excited I might be able to do things on my own again. I haven't had this many restrictions since I was twelve."

"Well, I don't have much time to talk right now, but I'd like to speak with you tonight."

"Sure thing."

James asked Eleanor to get him some dry toast to go and he was gone. Millie and Angelica were next in and they were starting to be less cold to me. I wouldn't say they were friendly, but they seemed to hate me less.

"Good morning,"

"Good morning," Millie replied stiffly. "Angie, I think today we should go and get our nails done for tomorrow."

"Okay, I have an appointment at noon, want to go get lunch then go after?"

"That sounds great, I'll meet you at," Millie gave me a strange look. "I'll text you when I make reservations."

"God forbid I hear where you're going to eat," I laughed. "I might come there too. Wouldn't that be a shame?" I smiled sweetly as Eleanor came in with my breakfast. It was a sandwich of epic proportions. The bread was French toast with the sugar on the inside, bacon, sausage, fried egg, and cheese. It was delicious! I attempted polite conversation with Millie and Angelica. Angelica was at least polite enough to respond, Millie still hated me. Not long after that Xavier came in looking quite spiffy. He was wearing a charcoal grey shirt with a black tie and a pinstripe suit jacket with black slacks and polished black loafers. "Good morning,"

"I see you actually listened to a suggestion." Xavier smiled. "I do like that on you."

"Don't get used to it," I growled.

"Lana just rang me and said she'll be arriving within the hour."

Xavier and I were able to hold a conversation and I let Millie and Angelica have their secrets. What did I care?