Chapter 19: Missing

"Hey, Dick."

"What's up?"

"I was just saying Hi."

"Oh."

I look at him and I remember all the things that have happened recently. With Kaldur gone to his father, of course I already knew it was just to get information, and Wally laying low with Artemis, he was frustrated easily, although he tried not to show it. Plus the newer members had training and he didn't always have time for Bludhaven and here.

"Can I come with you to Bludhaven tonight?" I say, und he looks up at me.

"No, that place is worse than Gotham."

"Was, I can help you with anything, can I please come?"

"Why do you want to come so bad, they might need you here."

"I doubt it, it's really quiet tonight, I can just come with you." Nightwing, the new name just shows how much more secluded he's become. He sighs.

"Fine, but since you've never been there before, don't just run off on me."

"When have I ever run off on you?"

"Maybe that one time in Gothom, or Starling, or Central city, or at Star Labs, or..."

"Ok, Ok, I think I get it, no running off in Bludhaven, because it's worse than Gothom."

"Especially this time, I'm going after one of the Black Mask's shipments and he doesn't joke around like Captain Cold or Boomerang."

"Sir, yes sir!"

"I'm very serious, I don't want you doing from some idiot's bullet."

"I know, I'm just messing around before we go, I'll stop when we get there." He gets up and grabs his escrima sticks, I Unsheathe my sword.

"You want to go a few rounds?" He asks und I grin while nodding yes. We start with a few simple blocks and dodges, but we ascend into a frenzy of sweat and metal.

"You've been trained." Dick grunts out, and I take the opportunity to go for his hand, but I have to rebound and block both of his sticks.

"Nein, I haven't, I just practice allot." I have to jump out of the way and teleport back, but then I push harder and end up pushing him back towards the railing.

"It's time to go, I'm actually glad you're coming, it'll be nice to have backup who can fight with a sword."

"Oh ja? What happened to, 'Bludhaven is to dangerous for a girl, blah blah blah."

"I didn't say that... I just said that Bludhaven is worse than Gotham."

"I know, I'm just messing around, but I'll get serious now."

"Ok, let's go." We start out the door and out into the forest.

"So the Black Mask, I thought he did his work in Gotham."

"He used to, but..."

"I know about Jason, I'm sorry I brought it up."

"It's fine, you know about Joker to?"

"Ja, well not the recent things."

"He was broken out of Arkahm a couple days before you got here, I think Black Mask arranged the escape."

"So, Joker's in Bludhaven?"

"Yes, well we have sufficient evidence that he is, and that Grodd wasn't alone when he attacked you."

"Are you saying that Black Mask, Joker, und Grodd are all working together?"

"We're not sure about Grodd working with them, but there are more accomplices."

"Like who?"

"Luthor, and possibly Harley Quinn, she was also broken out, if only a couple days ago."

"Really, I've always wanted to meet her, she's so awesome!"

"Uh..."

"Sorry, I know she's kind of insane, but she's also an awesome fighter."

"Okaay, well if Harley Quinn is working with them then it's an even better reason to be cautious."

"Got it, if we're going to go stealth we should probably stop talking before we get to their abandoned building headquarters, man that is so cliche."

"I'll go on these window ledges, you teleport to the other side of the building." I give him a thumbs up and teleport to the windows on the other side. The inside of the abandoned factory was dark, but I can make out four figures sitting at a circular table, there are also machine guns laying at their feet. I barely open the window to check for noise and when I hear the low murmurs from the figures, I crawl in. The window shuts automatically and shudders pull down from the outside. The lights flicker on and I see the four men are dead with their necks broken and their tongues lolling out of their bloody, smiling, mouths. Another character walks out of a door, und I am freaking out by now, with a purple coat and hat on.

"Hello, my dear, this little sculpture was made just for you!" The brim of the hat lifts and a red smile pops out in contract to white skin.

"I'm sure you know who I am dear, your little bird must of told you aaaall about me." I look around for any means of escape and there are none.

"You like what I did with the place? It's completely Nightwing proof, so that little party pooper won't do any harm to my plan." The sound of a fist echoes against the metal and a grunt of frustration from the outside.

"Silver, get out of there!" Dick's muffled voice yells. I start to back up and trip on an incline in the concrete,before I hit the ground I teleport and land on the other side of the room.

"Now, now, don't get to ahead of yourself, deary, wouldn't want you losing your head now, ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha!" A small pain brings my attention away from the insane one yelling in front of me. The lights start to fade und I stumble forward.

"Oh, are you getting a little bit sleepy, maybe you should lay down for a little rest, ha ha!" I try to stay awake but the ground seems very... comfortable, und I face plant. The only thing I hear is the sickening laughs of the Joker, to tell me goodnight."