Chapter three

Rolling over in the morning, I saw a guy standing in my room.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, nearly jumping out of my skin. He turned to face me and I noticed that his eyes were the strangest yellow I'd ever seen.

"Hello Ally." He said. "Sorry to startle you, but I need you to say goodbye to your mum and come with me."

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" I shrieked, trembling. He dismissed my worry with a wave of his hand.

"You must get to the school before the Searchers find out you are transforming."

"What the hell!!? Firstly, how the fuck did you even get in here, and secondly, who are you?!! Get out of my room!!" I yelled.

The guy seemed startled.

"Please don't yell, Ally. I am from the Baeing Academy, and I am taking you there so you're safe."

I stared at him, my eyes wide in disbelief.

"You've got to be joking."

"No, I'm not. I will explain everything to you on the way, but please, hurry, say goodbye to your mum. It will be the last time she remembers you."

I was more confused than ever. I felt tears begin to pool in my eyes and I angrily wiped them away. It was freaking six in the morning and I had a strange guy in my room.

What the hell had happened to my life?

"I am not leaving." I spoke slowly, with determination.

"I will drag you kicking and screaming to the academy if I have to." The guy warned. I stiffened, biting back the retort that was on my tongue. I'm pretty sure he was not bluffing.

"Just explain something" my frustration was evident in my voice.

He seemed to sigh, and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"You are going through a transformation that will last one more week, and at the end of it you will be a Baeing. Then your lessons will start and you will spend time developing your gifts and talents with other Baeings like you. I need to wipe your mum's memory so the Searchers don't find out where you are." He gestured to the door. "Your belongings will be transported to your dormitory, don't worry."

"So I'll never see my mum again?" I tried to process this, but my heart shied away from the situation.

There was sympathy in his eyes.

"Yes."

I let out a shaky breath and slid out of my bed, walking down to my mum's room.

"Mum?" I asked, peering into her bedroom.

"Yes honey, what is it?" She asked. I felt my throat close up, and I bent over to hug her.

"Nothing, I just wanted to say that I love you. I always will."

She looked up at me, confused.

"I love you too Ally. You know that."

"Goodbye mum," I whispered, my vision blurring. I closed the door softly and walked back to my room.

"I'm sorry Ally, but it's to protect you and her," the guy said. "Now, lets get you out of here."

"Um, can I get changed first??" I asked, feeling foolish.

"Oh, yeah. I will be waiting out the front. Don't be long."

As I slipped off my pj pants, I let my tears fall unrestrained down my cheeks. I was going to miss my mum so much. She had helped me when dad died, and we supported each other over the years. She had helped me with boy problems and friend issues. Sighing, I wondered idly what I should wear. I mean, it's not as if there is a fashion guide of what to wear on your first day of your new school for inhuman Baeings. I quickly slipped on a light blue blouse and a swishy black skirt. Deciding I looked suitably human, I breezed through the house to the front driveway in two seconds flat to discover a black, purring car idling in the depression on the side of the road. I opened the back passenger door to see Geoffrey waiting impatiently.

"Took your time" he said sourly. I sniffed and turned to look out the window as my hometown gave way to hilly mountains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter! ⚠️ [book under renovation] ⚠️

Emma